Samsung NX200 Preview
The NX200 is loaded with all of Samsung's latest technologies, like Smart Auto 2.0, Smart Filter 3.0, Magic Frame 2.0, and 3D photo options (still and panorama). Images are framed and viewed on a beautiful 3.0-inch AMOLED display; which comes as no surprise when you consider this camera is made by Samsung.
Samsung's NX system keeps growing and growing, and not only with new camera bodies. The company has also released nine new NX mount, i-Function lenses to go along with the NX200; and past NX models. These include a newly designed 18-55mm OIS kit lens, a 16mm f/2.4 pancake, an 18-200mm zoom lens with voice coil AF motors for more silent AF, 20mm and 30mm f/2.8 pancake lenses, a 60mm Macro f/2.8 SSA lens, and an 85mm F/1.4 SSA lens to name a few. With these new offerings, the Samsung NX system now has 17 lenses for you to choose from; and we were worried about lens options a couple years ago when Samsung announced their first EVIL camera, the NX10.
We hope to get our hands on a NX200 in the very near future, so stay tuned as we patiently await an eval unit for some testing.
Samsung NX200 Key Features:
- 20.3-megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor
- NX lens mounting system; now offers 17 lenses, not including options with aftermarket lens adaptors
- I-Function 2.0 functionality with Samsung i-Function lenses
- 3.0-inch AMOLED display
- New Smart Panel user interface, makes taking photos a snap for beginners
- JPEG and RAW capture formats
- Sensitivity range of ISO 100 - 12,800
- Burst mode shooting at up to 7fps at 20M
- Records full 1080p HD video
- 3D still and 3D Panorama technologies
- Smart Filter 3.0 and Magic Frame 2.0 technologies
- Smart Auto 2.0
- Included, folding, body powered flash unit (GN 8m)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot
- HDMI output
- Li-ion battery pack
- Optional GPS unit for Geotagging
The NX200 will be available sometime this fall, with a suggested retail price of approx. $799 US with the new 18-55mm OIS kit lens.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
You can power your camera with ED-BP1030 Lithium-Ion 1030 mAh Battery from Samsung®.
The Samsung® NX1000 camera case is highly water resistant with comfortable padded carrying strap. It has a magnetic closure with a top opening.
The ED-QBC1NX01 is a quick battery charger designed for use with the BP1030, BP1310 and PBP1310 rechargeable batteries.
This 500mm f/8.0 Telephoto T-Mount Lens from Rokinon is a tremendous lens for anyone shooting at a distance from their subject, including sports and wildlife photography.