Smart Auto allows you to use the NX20 just like a standard point-n-shoot digicam. This mode will take care of all of the camera's settings including picking one of the 7 scene modes that are shown at the bottom of the image.
Program mode is still an automatic shooting mode, but control over most of the camera settings give you more creative freedom. Here just about all of the settings are available to you, except the shutter speed and aperture.
Manual, Aperture and Shutter Priority modes give you total control over the camera. This allows anyone to easily take the camera and use their photographic knowledge to get this camera to do anything that a dSLR can.
To make sure that you always have the correct shooting mode for any tough situation, Samsung's scene shooting mode gives a graphic image and detailed description for each scene mode. This makes it easy to find the correct mode for your situation: Panorama, Beauty Shot, Night, Landscape, Portrait, Children, Sports, Close-Up, Text, Sunset, Dawn, Backlight, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Sound Picture and 3D.
The 4-way controller on the back not only allows you to quickly navigate and select items in the menus, it also works as shortcut buttons for the AF, ISO and Burst/Self-Timer settings. The center button makes your selections and allows you to control the AF point while in shooting mode.
The Fn menu gives you this screen, much like that of a dSLR. The 4-way controller and two control dials allow you to choose and change these settings quickly while out shooting, so you won't miss a thing.
Program Recording Menu:
- Photo Size - 3:2 - 20M, 10.1M, 5.9M, 2M; 16:9 - 16.9M, 7.8M, 4.9M, 2.1M; 1:1 - 13.3M, 7M, 4M, 1.1M
- Quality - Super Fine, Fine, Normal, RAW, RAW+SuperFine, RAW+Fine, RAW+Normal
- ISO - Auto, 100 - 12,800
- White Balance - Select the WB setting that best suits the scene, or choose Auto
- Picture Wizard - Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Custom 1-3
- Color Space - sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Drive - Single, Continuous High and Low, Burst, Timer, AE BKT, WB BKT, P Wiz BKT
- Flash - Fill-in, Fill-in Red Eye, 1st Curtain, 2nd Curtain (only available in certain modes)
- Metering - Spot, Center weighted, Multi
- Smart Range - On, Off
- Smart Filter - Vignetting, Miniature, Fish Eye, Sketch, Defog, Halftone Dots, Soft Focus, Old Film 1, Old Film 2, Negative
- Selective Color - Red, Green, Blue, Yellow
- AF Mode - Single, Continuous, Manual Focus
- AF Area - Selection, Multi, Face Detection, Self-Portrait
- MF Assist - Off, Enlarge x5, Enlarge x7, FA
- Link AE to AF Point - On/Off
- Framing Mode - On/Off
- OIS - Mode 1, Mode 2 (only available in certain modes)
All of the features in the custom menu allow you to personalize the camera to fit your needs. Here you have options from ISO to Noise Reduction to Bracketing features.
Rec. Movie Mode:
- Movie Size - 1920x1080, 1920x810, 1280x720, 640x480, 240 Web
- Quality - Normal, High Quality
- Mulit Motion - x0.25, x0.5, x1.0, x5, x10, x20
- Fader - Off, In, Out, In-Out
- Voice - On, Off
Here are Samsung's new Wi-Fi options, that allow the camera to link to and be controlled by a smart phone, upload directly to email or social media sites, upload to a skydrive, auto backup or even stream images to a qualified TV.