Smart Auto allows the NX1000 to take total control over your images, so the only thing you have to do is point-n-shoot. The camera will choose the appropriate scene mode for your current shooting situation, as well as taking care of all of the settings. This will help novice users capture better photos in various situations.
Program mode is also automatic, as the camera will choose the aperture and shutter settings for you. Here you have control over many of the other settings, increasing the amount of creativity possible in each situation.
Manual mode gives you total control over the camera. Here you will have to change every setting to get the correct exposure. This mode also gives you total freedom for whatever creative images you can come up with.
If you are in a specific situation and your not sure about how to shoot it, or the camera is not registering a scene in Smart Auto; then you can manually choose a Scene mode: Panorama, Beauty Shot, Night, Landscape, Portrait, Children, Sports, Close-Up, Text, Sunset, Dawn, Backlight, Fireworks, Beach & Snow and 3D.
The 4-way controller gives you control over 4 of the camera's most common settings: Up changes the amount of information on the LCD screen, right changes the AF mode, down changes the exposure compensation and left changes the drive mode and self timer settings.
Much like a dSLR, the Fn button brings up this menu, giving you access to most of the cameras main shooting settings. The 4-way controller allows for easy navigation and the command dial allows you to change the settings without actually entering the menu for that setting.
Program Recording Menu:
- Photo Size - 3:2 - 20M, 10.1M, 5.9M, 2M; 16:9 - 16.9M, 7.8M, 4.9M, 2.1M; 1:1 - 13.3M, 7M, 4M, 1.1M
- Quality - Super Fine, Fine, Normal, RAW, RAW+SuperFine, RAW+Fine, RAW+Normal
- ISO - Auto, 100 - 12,800
- White Balance - Select the WB setting that best suits the scene, or choose Auto
- Picture Wizard - Off, Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Custom 1-3
- Selective Color - Red, Green, Blue, Yellow
- AF Mode - Single, Continuous, Manual Focus
- AF Area - Selection, Multi, Face Detection, Self-Portrait
- MF Assist - Off, Enlarge x5, Enlarge x8, FA
- Link AE to AF Point - On/Off
- Framing Mode - On/Off
- OIS - Mode 1, Mode 2 (only available in certain modes)
- Drive - Single, Continuous High and Low, Burst, Timer, AE BKT, WB BKT, P Wiz BKT
- Bracket Set - Set bracket details for exposure, white balance and Picture Wizard
- Metering - Spot, Center weighted, Multi
- Smart Range - On, Off
- Color Space - sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Flash - Fill-in, Fill-in Red Eye, 1st Curtain, 2nd Curtain (only available in certain modes)
On many of the Samsung lenses, you will find the iFn button. This button allows you to change certain camera settings by pressing it, instead of looking through the camera's menu system. The camera also features a lens priority mode that allows even more features to be accessed with this button on the lens. The focus ring allows you to choose your settings, making it very easy to use without having to take the camera down from your shooting position.
Here are Samsung's new Wi-Fi options, that allow the camera to link to and be controlled by a smart phone, upload directly to email or social media sites, upload to a skydrive, auto backup or even stream images to a qualified TV.
For almost instant sharing to a smart phone or tablet, the smartlink button will connect the camera to your selected device. Once connected, the device can look through all of the images that have been selected for viewing on the camera.
Rec. Movie Mode:
- Movie Size - 1920x1080, 1920x810, 1280x720, 640x480, 240 Web
- Quality - Normal, High Quality
- Mulit Motion - x0.25, x0.5, x1.0, x5, x10, x20
- Fader - Off, In, Out, In-Out
- Voice - On, Off