Playback Screens & Menus
To enter playback mode, you simply press the "Play" button which is located on the back of the camera. This will display the last video or image captured. On the left hand side of the LCD you will see the lineup of icons used for deleting files, starting a slide show, entering Index view, and the Menu.
The File Information option allows you to display extended shot information (ISO, Aperture, shutter speed, etc.) on the LCD screen. The default option is off. Not touching the LCD when File information is set to off, all icons on the screen with disappear; until you touch it again.
Toggling the zoom control to the wide angle position, or pressing the Index button on the left hand side will take you to the Index Playback option. Here you are able to scroll through stored files by either 9, 16, or 36 thumbnail images at a time; toggling the zoom control to wide will increase the amount of thumbnails. Touching a thumbnail, or pressing the telephoto zoom control will open a specific file full screen.
you can see the MV800 in Magnify mode. You can zoom in on a photo up to
10x to critically inspect elements of a photo (sharpness, etc.). As
you zoom in, a small box (top right) shows you the area of the photo
that you are currently viewing. You can then touch and drag the photo to
move around inside the enlarged area. The camera also offers the option
for you to cut (crop) a photo from the zoomed in portion, by pressing the
scissors button to the left.
can be played back inside the camera, and you also have the option of
sending video output to either a standard TV or HDTV with the optional
AV and HDMI cables.
The controls available include rewind, pause, fast-forward, and volume control.
Playback menu options:
- Delete - Select file or All
- Set Wallpaper - Choose an image as your wallpaper for the home screen
- Start Slide Shot - Start an automated slide show of your files
- Protect - save files from deletion
- Resize - Make an image smaller
- Rotate - Rotate an image for proper display by 90 or 180 degrees
- Face List - Displays the registered faces the camera has detected
- File Information - Choose to add extended shot info to the main or front LCD during image playback
- Set the direct print settings
- Copy to Card - Copy files from internal memory to the memory card
- Gesture View - Enable or disable the ability to "draw" on the LCD to sort files, rotate, delete, etc.
Lastly, we have the MV800's Photo Editor app. Here you have the ability to alter or enhance the look of your photos right in the camera.
The available options include:
- Smart Filter - Off, Miniature, Vignetting, Soft Focus, Old Film, Half Tone Dot, Sketch, Fish-eye, Classic, Retro, Oil Painting, Ink Painting, Cartoon, Cross Filter, Zooming Shot
- Face Retouch
- Red-eye Fix
- ACB (Auto Correct Brightness)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.