Click on the GX-1L for a QuickTime VR tour
The GX-1L was designed with entry-level DSLR users in mind with its easy-to-use features
and aggressive price point. The GX-1L features a host of automatic functions including Auto Sensitivity,
Auto Picture Mode and a newly designed operation system. This, combined with its full
range of advanced manual functions, make the 6-megapixel GX-1L perfect for the beginning through
advanced DSLR user.
For exceptional image quality and control, the GX-1L has a five-point, wide-area Auto
Focus system, with a choice of AF-single or AF-continuous, providing accurate auto
focusing in a variety of shooting conditions. The GX-1L also incorporates a high-
precision, three-mode metering system including, 16-segment multi-pattern metering,
center-weighted metering and spot metering. For additional control and creativity, users
can choose from eight scene modes including Kids, Pets, Candlelight, Museum, Night Scene,
Surf & Snow, Text and Sunset and several White Balance settings.
As with many high-end Samsung camera models, the GX-1L was developed for use with
Schneider optics. The GX-1L uses the Schneider D-XENON 18mm~55mm lens and will be
available as a body only, or bundled with the D-XENON lens as a kit. For added
convenience the GX-1L can be used with many Pentax DSLR lenses and KAF2 and KAF mount
Designed for easy use, the GX-1L includes a host of automatic operations including an
innovative Auto Picture mode that automatically selects the appropriate picture mode from
Standard, Landscape, Macro or Action depending on the subject. When in Auto Sensitivity
mode the GX-1L automatically selects the camera's sensitivity including brightness and
focal length to help reduce camera shake and ensure a steady, clear image. And, for easy
selection, all major functions can be accessed from the large, easy-to-read mode dial.
The Samsung GX-1L includes a high-speed consecutive shooting mode of up to 2.8 frames per second up to eight frames in JPEG shooting and up to five frames per second when shooting in Raw Mode, allowing the user to capture a series of the subject's action or movement.
Designed to enable easy viewing of images in all lighting conditions, the GX 1L features a large, 2.5-inch LCD monitor (210,000 pixels) and a bright, high-magnification pentaprism viewfinder offering a 96-percent field view.
The GX-1L features a compact, lightweight body measuring just 4.9 x 3.6x 2.6-inches and weighing 16-ounces* perfect for on-the-go shooting.
The Samsung GX-1L can be powered by four AA-size Lithium, Ni-MH or CR-V3 batteries.
- One of the smallest, lightest and most affordable dSLR cameras
- High resolution, large-area 6.1-Megapixel CCD image sensor
- Image sizes are: 6M RAW 3008x2008, 6M 3008x2000, 4M 2400x1600 or 1.5M 1536x1024
- Choice of JPEG with 3 quality levels or RAW recording formats
- Software included to manipulate RAW format image data
- Compatible with Schneider D-XENON and Pentax KA, KAF, and KAF2 (not power zoom compatible) mount lenses
- 2.5-inch, 210,000-pixel TFT color LCD monitor for easy viewing
- Pentamirror viewfinder with Natural-Bright-Matte Focussing Screen, 96% field of view
- 16-segment metering with Multi-Segment, Spot and Center-weighted options
- TTL phase-matching 5 points wide AF with Spot AF mode
- Shutter speeds from 1/4000 to 30 seconds plus Bulb
- Auto pop-up flash with red-eye reduction, external flash units
can be used with P-TTL hot shoe
- AUTO SCN, Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Moving Object, Night scene
Portrait, Flash off, Program AE, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual, Bulb,
Surf&snow, Text, Sunset, kids, Pet, Candle light and Museum exposure modes.
- 2.8fps Continuous capture of up to 5 JPEG or 3 RAW frames
- 18 Custom Settings to personalize camera operations
- Noise reduction function activates for long exposures
- Playback functions; histogram, nine-image thumbnail and 12X zoom display
- Four digital filters (black-and-white, sepia, slim, and soft-focus) for easy
post-shooting image processing
- Uses removable Secure Digital flash memory cards
- High-speed USB 2.0 connectivity, PictBridge and Print Image Matching III compatible
- Powered by 4 AA batteries or 2 CR-V3 Li-ion batteries
- Optional wired cable release
The Samsung GX-1L is available now as a kit bundled with the D-XENON 18-55mm Zoom Lens
for ~$599 USD. Digimax Master software included