The 2.5-inch color LCD is used for accessing the menus and reviewing captured images - it
cannot be used as a viewfinder. To the right of the eyelevel finder is the e-dial which in
playback functions as the Index and Zoomed View dial. The AE Lock button in playback
is the image Protect button. The 4-way controller/OK button lets you navigate menus and
select images during playback. The Fn button calls up the onscreen Function menu (see
The MENU button enables the onscreen menu system. The DELETE (trashcan) button is for
erasing images. The INFO button in record displays camera and exposure settings
(see below), in playback it toggles display of exposure data or histogram.
The PLAYBACK button puts the camera into review mode.
Pressing the INFO button while in capture mode displays a screen full of settings
and parameters currently in use. Focus mode (AF Single), Multi-pattern metering,
color Saturation at default, Sharpness at default, Contrast at default, lens focal length
is 21mm, Program AE, Flash fired, Single frame advance, ISO 200, Image tone,
Image Quality (JPEG Best), Image size is 6M(egapixel), sRGB color space, and Auto
white balance, date and time.
Turning the Mode Dial to select another exposure mode will cause the color LCD to
briefly display the screens show above if Guide Display is set on in the setup menu.
Turn the mode dial to SCN to select from these 8 Scene modes; depress Fn to call up the menu.
Pressing the Fn (Function) button in record mode brings up a shortcut menu that allows
you to change the White Balance, ISO, Drive Mode or Flash Mode.
Record menu options:
- Image Tone - Bright (more contrast and sharpness) or Natural
- Recorded Pixels - 6M RAW 3008x2008, 6M 3008x2000, 4M 2400x1600, 1.5M 1536x1024
- Quality Level - RAW, JPEG (Best , Better, Good)
- Saturation - Adjust color saturation (+2, +1, Normal, -1, -2)
- Sharpness - Adjust sharpness (+2, +1, Normal, -1, -2)
- Contrast - Adjust contrast (+2, +1, Normal, -1, -2)
- Auto Bracket - Set bracketing step 1/2EV (+/- 0.5, 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0) or
1/3EV (+/- 0.3, 0.7, 1.0, 1.3, 1.7, 2.0) and set the shooting order (0,-,+ or -,0,+ or
- AE Metering - Multi-segment, Center-weighted or Spot
- Focusing Area - Select the focusing point (Auto or Center only)
- AF Mode - AF Single or AF Continuous
- Flash Exp Comp - Flash output override +1.0 to -2.0 EV
- Setting - Enable or disable use of Custom Settings
- Noise Reduction - Noise reduction feature, On or Off
- Exposure Setting Steps - 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps
- ISO Correction in AUTO - ISO 200-800, 200-400, 200-1600, 200-3200
- ISO Sensitivity Warn Display - Off or ISO 400, 800, 1600, 3200 warning is
displayed in viewfinder
- Link AF Point and AE - Metering follows AF point: On or Off
- Meter Operating Time - Data LCD and viewfinder display timeout value (3s, 10s, 30s)
- AE-L with AF Locked - AE is not locked when the focus is locked, Off or On
- Recordable Image No. - Always display the # of recordable images on memory card, or display # of recordable images for continuous shooting when shutter button half depressed
- OK button when shooting - Off, Spot AF, Enable AF, Cancel AF
- AE-L button on M Exposure - Program Line, Tv Shift, Av Shift
- AF in remote control - Auto focus during remote: Off or On
- FI with S Lens used - When S mount lens is used, focus indication
function is available or unavailable
- Using aperture ring - Pictures cannot be taken when the aperture ring is
other than "A" - Prohibited or Permitted
- Release when Charging - Enable/disable capture during flash recharge
- Preview Method - Controls camera behavior when the main switch is turned to the preview position.
Digital takes an exposure without saving it, displaying the image
on the LCD to check exposure composition and focus.
Optical uses viewfinder to check depth of field.
- Mag to start Zoom Playback - Magnification for starting zoom playback: 1.2x,
2x, 4x, 8x, 12x
- Manual WB Measurement - Entire frame or Spot metering area used for manual WB
- Color Space - sRGB or Adobe RGB
- Reset Custom Functions - Reset all custom settings to default values