Samsung recently announced that the Galaxy S II is heading stateside. The smartphone has been on the Korean, Japanese and European market for months. The Galaxy S II sports a 4.3" LED screen, a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and a eight-megapixel camera with LED flash. Other features include the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread operating system, a front-facing two-megapixel camera for self-photos, a microSD slot for expanded memory and Bluetooth connectivity.
The phone operates on the HSPA+, EDGE and GSM/UMTA networks. It has USB 2.0 connectivity as well as Wi-Fi a/b/g/n connectivity. The phone is 8.49 millimeters thin and uses a battery rated at 1650mAh. The phone uses Samsung's magazine style layout called Live Panel for content aggregation. It also provides access to the Samsung Reader Hub to reach 2,500 magazines and 2,000 newspapers. The Samsung Galaxy S II includes Allshare technology to wirelessly share content to other Samsung devices like HDTVs and Blu-ray players.
Here are the main features of the Samsung Galaxy S II:
- 1080p HD video recording via the 8MP Camera with LED Flash
- HSPA+ 21Mbps for video streaming
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Dual Core 1.2 GHz Application Processor
- 4.3" SUPER AMOLED at 400 by 800 resolution
- Social Hub / Reader Hub / Music Hub / Game Hub
- microSD card port up to 32GB
- Dimensions: 125.3X66.1X8.49mm
- Compatible Video: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV, DivX, Xvid, VC-1 Recording & Playback 1080@30fps
- Compatible Audio: MP3, OGG, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, WMA, WAV, MID, AC3, IMY, FLAC, XMF
- Compatible Images: JPEG, PNG, GIF, WBMP, BMP, AGIF
The Samsung Galaxy S II will be available in August 2011. The carrier is unknown at this time.