Click to take a 360-degree QTVR tour of the Digimax V50
The Samsung Digimax V50 is a palm-sized five-megapixel digital camera that features a superior Schneider multi-coated 3x optical zoom lens for clear and natural looking pictures. The camera can be powered by various kinds of power sources; Li-ion rechargeable (included), two AA type (alkaline, NiMH, NiCd, photo lithium) or CR-V3 (one-use or rechargeable.) Your pictures can be framed on the high resolution 2.0-inch color LCD monitor that tilts and swivels or by using the optical real image viewfinder. This compact Digimax V50 is also easy to carry around, weighing less than six ounces without batteries.
The Digimax V50 can be used in Easy mode like a simple point-n-shoot, allowing anyone to capture beautiful digital photographs. It also features advanced exposure modes such as Program AE, Shutter-speed priority, Aperture priority, Manual, AE Bracketing, Portrait, Night Scene and three customizable MySet modes. The user can adjust the ISO sensitivity, the white balance, image sharpness, image size, image quality, exposure compensation, exposure metering mode and color effect. The Digimax V50's auto focus system is fast and accurate and in low light conditions it's enhanced by a focus-assist illuminator. The user can also manually adjust the focus when desired. The Super Macro mode allows you to focus on objects as close as 6cm from the lens.
In addition to high resolution still images, the Digimax V50 also records motion video with audio at 640x480 or 320x240 at 30fps/15fps, the length is limited only by the amount of available memory. You can record and attach 10-second voice memos to still images or use the camera as a digital voice recorder with a maximum recording time of two hours. Pictures can be resized or trimmed (cropped) in-camera without need of a PC. Post-capture editing can also be accomplished with the bundled software that includes the Digimax Viewer and MGI's PhotoSuite.
Digimax V50 Features:
- 5-Megapixel resolution for images up to 2592 x 1944 pixels
- Schneider 3x multi-coated zoom lens (38-113mm in 35mm equivalent)
- Record 640x480 MPEG4 movies w/audio to the capacity of the media
- Records up to two hours of audio only
- Attach 10-sec. audio memos to still images
- Program AE, Shutter priority, Aperture priority and Manual modes
- Easy, Portrait, Night Scene, Movie, Voice recording modes
- Three user-customizable MySet modes
- High speed continuous and Auto Bracketing shooting
- Tilt and swivel 2.0-inch color LCD screen
- Super Macro as close as 6cm from the lens
- Removable SD/MMC/MS Duo card storage, 32MB SD card included
- Adjustable ISO, white balance and sharpening
- Color effects: B&W, Sepia, Negative
- Power source: Li-ion rechargeable, two AA or one CR-V3
- USB 2.0 Mass Storage compliant device
- Multi-language support: English, Korean, French, Germany, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Portuguese, Russian
The Digimax V50 package includes a luxury carrying pouch, 32MB SD card, driver and application software CD-ROM, CR-V3 battery, wrist strap, USB cable, Audio-Video cable, user manual and warranty card. (Bundle may vary depending on sales location.)