Playback Screens & Menus
Rotating the control dial counter-clockwise while in Playback will enter the index display mode. This allows you to quickly search through stored files and select one for full screen playback. You get 9 small thumbnails to choose from, and pressing "up" or "down" on the 4-way controller will scroll through files. Rotating the control wheel in the same direction again will bring up a folder view, which allows you to search files by the folder (date) they were captured.
You can also magnify an image up to 10x in several steps by rotating the control wheel clockwise. To move around inside the magnified image, you use the 4-way controller. A small key is shown at the bottom left indicating the position within the frame that you are zoomed in on.
Image Rotation, Digital Filter, Red-eye Edit, Resize, Cropping, Index, Protect, Sideshow, Save Cross Processing, RAW Development, Movie Editing, Image Comparison, and DPOF.
- Slideshow - Start an automatic slide show of your captured images
- Quick Zoom - On or Off
- Bright/Dark Area - On or Off
- Delete All Images - Delete all files from the memory card; does not format card
The Q allows you to playback you movie clips are full screen on the LCD, or on your TV with the optional AV or HDMI cables. The 4-way selector gives you VCR/DVR like controls, with options to play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, or edit a video file; down on the 4-way. The movie edit function allows you to cut a still image from any frame in the movie. It also allows you to split your longer movies into shorter ones; no post processing on you computer needed.
Camera Settings Options:
- Language - Select the camera's language
- Date Adjust - Set Date & Time
- Sound Effects - Set volume and type of camera operation sounds
- Guide Display - Enable the brief popup labels when switching modes
- LCD Display Settings - Adjust the LCD's Brightness and color
- Flicker Reduction - 50 Hz or 60Hz
- Video Out - Set video format (NTSC, PAL)
- HDMI Out - Auto, 1080i, 720, 480
- USB Connection - Set transfer mode (MSC, PTP)
- Folder Name - Choose Date or PENTAX
- Create New Folder - Create a new folder
- Power Saving - On or Off
- Auto Power Off - 1min., 3min., 5min., or Off
- Reset - Return settings to default
- Pixel Mapping - Check and adjust the image sensor for bad pixels
- Dust Removal - Remove dust and other particles from the image sensor; uses their DRII (Dust Removal II) mechanism to vibrate dust from the sensor
- Format - Formats the SD card
- Firmware Version Info - View the current firmware version
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.