Playback Screens & Menus
Pressing the Play button enters the camera into Playback mode. Here the camera will show you the last image captured. Pressing the DISP. button allows you to change the amount of information that is displayed about the image, which ranges from No information to a Full list of the shooting settings including a histogram.
Index mode can be accessed by rotating the dial to the left. This allows you to quickly search through your images with either 4 or 9 thumbnail images on the screen at a time. You can also select your images by date or what folder an image is stored in.
Turning the dial the other way allows you to zoom in on your images up to 10x. Once you have zoomed in, you can scroll around the image with the 4-way controller.
- Slideshow - View your images in a slideshow on the camera
- Image Rotation - Change the orientation of an image
- Small Face Filter - Reduce the size of faces in an image
- Digital Filter - Add a color of Soft filter to an image
- Frame Composite - Add a frame to an image
- Movie Edit - Cut a still or divide a movie
- Red-eye Compensation - Reduce Red-eye in an image
- Resize - Allows you to make a smaller copy of an image
- Cropping - Allows you to crop or trim an image
- Image/Sound Copy - Copy between the internal memory and SD card
- Voice Memo - Attach sound to an image
- Protect - Stop accidental deletion of an image
- DPOF - Adjust your print settings
- Image Recovery - Attempt to recover files that were deleted
- Start-up Screen - Set a captured image as the start-up image
Cropping allows you to crop or trim an image. This allows you to adjust the image's compilation or remove unwanted objects from the sides of the image.
Resize allows you to save a smaller copy of an image that you have already recorded. This is a great way to save or clear up some space on a full memory card. It is also a quick way to save small images for email or posting to the web.
Rotation allows you to change the orientation of an image in 90° increments. Pentax actually shows you the four thumbs and allows you to select the one you are looking for.
Using the 4-way controller, you can play your movies back on the camera's LCD. DVR-like controls allow you to play, stop and search through your movies one frame at a time.
Movie edit mode allows you to save any frame within the movie as a still image. It also allows you to divide your movies.
- Save as USER - Save current shooting settings in USER mode
- Sound - Adjust and control all of the camera sounds
- Date Adjustment - Adjust the Date and Time
- World Time - Set your Home and Destination times
- Language - Choose the language for the camera
- Folder Name - Date, Pentax
- USB Connection - MSC, PTP
- Video Out - NTSC, PAL
- HDMI Out - Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p
- Eye-Fi - On or Off
- Brightness Level - 7 levels of LCD brightness
- Power Saving - Off, 5 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min
- Auto Power Off - Off, 3 min, 5 min
- Quick Zoom - On or Off
- Guide Display - On or Off
- Reset - Reset the camera settings to the factory defaults
- Delete All - Delete all images on the memory
- Pixel Mapping - Checks for and corrects defective pixels
- Format - Format a memory card
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Buy related cameras and accessories from Amazon.com
||Water Floating Buoyancy Selfie Stick, Hand Grip Camera Accessories For GoPro Hero3/Hero4 Camera
||Pro Digital Hard Lens Hood For D3X, D3, D2Xs, D2Hs, D2X, D2H, The Nikon D3, D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D700 Digital SLR Cameras Which Have Any Of These (18-135mm, 18-105mm, 18-70mm, 16-85mm) Nikon Lenses
||FitSand Hard Case for Sony DSCW800 DSCW830 DSCW810 MP Digital Camera Travel Zipper Carry EVA Best Protection Box
||CAMEO Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
||Vintage Camera Shoulder Hippie Camera Strap For SLR DSLR Canon Nikon Pentax Sony Model 203