Please excuse the quality of the screens, the WG-2 does not include a A/V cable with the camera.
Pressing the playback button of the back of the camera allows you to view the images that are stored on the memory card. Pressing the "OK" button allows you to change the amount of information that is shown about each image.
While in playback mode, you can press the zoom control to the wide end to enter into index mode. This allows you to search through your images by looking at smaller thumbnails of your images.
Pressing the zoom control the other way allows you to zoom in on an image up to 10x. Once you have zoomed in, you can scroll around the image using the 4-way controller.
Playback modes: Slideshow, Image Rotation, Small Face Filter, Ink Rubbing Filter, Collage, Digital Filter, HDR, Original Frame, Frame Composite, Movie Editing, Red-eye Compensation, Resize, Cropping, Image/Sound Copy, Voice Memo, Protect, DPOF, Start-up Screen
Pentax's HDR filter simulates the results of an HDR program with just the one image that you have captured. While it is not as accurate as capturing several images and using a program to put them together, it works pretty well for an in-the-camera effect.
Cropping allows you to trim or crop an image by cutting the outsides off. The green box shows the exact area that you will have left.
Resize allows you to change the size of the image on the camera, by saving it as a new, smaller copy. This is great for email or images that you would like to post online.
The camera also gives you the ability to change the orientation of an image by 90° at a time.
DVR-like controls allow you view your movies either on the LCD screen or on a HDTV via an optional HDMI cable. This allows for smooth playback anywhere you are.
Camera Settings Options:
- Sound - Set volume and type of camera operation sounds
- Date Adjust - Set Date & Time
- Alarm - Set an alarm time
- World Time - Set World Time
- Text Size - Standard or Large
- Language - Select the camera's language
- Folder Name - Create an image folder
- USB Connection - Set transfer mode (MSC, PictBridge)
- Video Out - Set video format (NTSC, PAL)
- HDMI Out - Auto, 1080i, 720, 480
- Eye-Fi - On or Off (for use with the Eye-Fi storage card)
- Brightness level - LCD brightness
- Power Saving - 2min., 1min., 30sec., 15sec., 5sec., Off
- Auto Power Off - 5min., 3min., Off
- Quick Zoom - On, Off
- Guide Display - Enable the brief popup labels when switching modes
- Reset - Return settings to default
- Delete All - Delete all images off of the memory card
- Pixel Mapping - Check and adjust the image sensor for bad pixels
- Startup Shortcut - Playback mode, LED Lighting, Clock Display
- Format - Formats the SD card
- GPS - On/Off, Logging, GPS Time Sync