Record Screens & Menus
Shown here is "green" point-n-shoot mode. The menu settings are locked out completely, (can access camera settings menu) and the 4-way pad shortcuts are scaled back. Face detection is ON and you are shown the number of remaining pictures (1483), the time, and the battery level.
Auto picture mode gives you a few menu options like resolution, image quality, and ISO. The WG-1 will still select all other settings so you can just point and shoot.
The information display on the WG-1 is changed by pressing the OK button. Pressing over and over the information will change from no info., minimal info., and full info. with the histogram. The RED background in the one image shows highlight areas that are too bright.
The 4-way pad is also used as shortcut keys to frequently used options. Pressing left takes you to the Flash settings, Up goes to the drive modes, Right are the Focus modes and down is the Mode Menu which is shown below.
Auto Picture, Program, Night Scene, Movie, Underwater, Underwater Movie, Digital Microscope, Landscape, Flower, Portrait, Digital Wide, Digital SR, Surf & Snow, Kids, Pet, Sport, Fireworks, Candlelight, Night Scene Portrait, Text, Food, Digital Panorama, Frame Composite, and Report
The WG-1 not only offers Face Detection, it also has an auto Smile Capture feature as well as Face Priority, and a Self-portrait Assist (with or without Smile Capture) selection that will choose specific faces over all others in the frame. All selections shown above.
Record Mode Options:
- Image Tone - Bright, Natural, MonoChrome
- Recorded Pixels - 14M, 10M - 1:1 or 16:9, 7M, 5M 16:9, 4M, 3M, 2M, 1024x768 or 640x480
- Quality Level - Three (Best), Two (Better) or One (Good) "stars"
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent, or Shutter Adjust
- AF Setting - Focusing Area (9 point AF, Spot AF, Tracking AF)
- AE Metering - Multi, Center-weighted, Spot
- Sensitivity -
Auto or fixed at 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400
- AUTO ISO Range - 80-100, 80-200, 80-400, 80-800, 80-1600
- EV Compensation - Override metering ±2.0EV in 1/3 steps
- Movie - Enters the Movie mode menu (shown below)
- D-Range Setting - Highlight Correction and Shadow Correction
- Pixel Track SR - On or Off
- Interval Shoot - Choose interval, number of shots, and start time
- Blink Detection - On or Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Instant Review -
On or Off
- Memory - Memorize settings between power on and off
- Green Button - Choose the function of the Green Button
- Sharpness - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Saturation - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Contrast - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Date Imprint - Off, Date, Date & Time, Time
- IQ Enhancer - On or Off
- Macro Light - On or Off
The Pentax Optio WG-1 can capture movies at 1280x720p HD, as well as the standard 640x480 and 320x240 resolutions at either 15 or 30fps. You also have the option of using the Movie SR to help steady your hand held videos. Movies are saved as Motion JPEG (.AVI) format.
Movie Menu Options:
- Recorded Pixels - 1280 @ 15 and 30fps, 640 @ 15 and 30fps, 320 @ 15 and 30fps
- Movie SR - On or Off
- Interval Shoot - Allows the camera to capture images on a set interval or a set period of time (time-lapse photography)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.