Playback Screens & Menus
The blue Playback button will display the last image or video captured, in full screen mode, with some information overlaid. Press "right" or "left" to scroll through the captured images. A musical note indicates an audio memo has been added to this image, press "up" on the 4-way controller to play. Pressing the "OK" button will change the amount of onscreen information shown, just the same a record mode.
Using the Wide Zoom control button while in Playback will display the thumbnail index mode. This allows you to quickly search through the stored images and select one for full screen playback. The WG-1 gives you the option of 6 or 12 thumbnails based on how many times you press the button, or a calendar mode which shows the date the image was captured. You can also use the "Green" button to select an image to delete.
You can also magnify an image up to 10x in several steps by pressing the telephoto zoom control. Using the 4-way pad allows you to move around inside the enlarged image.
Slide show, Image Rotation, Small Face Filter, Ink Rubbing Filter, Collage, Digital Filter, Original Frame, Frame Composite, Movie Edit, Red-Eye Compensation, Resize, Cropping, Image/Sound Copy, Voice Memo, Protect, DPOF, Start-Up Screen
The Resize option lets you create a smaller image in-camera for email or web page use, or to reclaim some memory space in a pinch.
The crop function lets you trim/crop an image, and then save it as a new image, with the quality level of your choice.
Movie clips are played back full screen, and the 4-way selector acts as the start, stop and pause control, similar to that of a VCR/DVR. (icon shown bottom left) You can pause a movie and play it forwards or backwards one frame at a time.
The movie edit function allows you to save a still image from any frame in the movie. It also allows you to split your longer movies into shorter ones, no computer needed.
Camera Settings Options:
- Sound - Set volume and type of camera operation sounds
- Date Adjust - Set Date & Time
- Alarm - Set an alarm time
- World Time - Set World Time
- Text Size - Standard or Large
- Language - Select the camera's language
- Folder Name - Create an image folder
- USB Connection - Set transfer mode (MSC, PictBridge)
- Video Out - Set video format (NTSC, PAL)
- HDMI Out - Auto, 1080i, 720, 480
- Eye-Fi - On or Off (for use with the Eye-Fi storage card)
- Brightness level - LCD brightness
- Power Saving - 2min., 1min., 30sec., 15sec., 5sec., Off
- Auto Power Off - 5min., 3min., Off
- Quick Zoom - On, Off
- Guide Display - Enable the brief popup labels when switching modes
- Reset - Return settings to default
- Delete All - Delete all images off of the memory card
- Pixel Mapping - Check and adjust the image sensor for bad pixels
- Format - Formats the SD card
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Essential Accessory Kit For Pentax Optio WG-1, WG-2, WG-3, WG-3 GPS Waterproof Digital Camera Includes Extended (1000Mah) Replacement D-LI92 Battery + Ac/Dc Rapid Travel Charger + Deluxe Case + STRAP FLOAT + USB 2.0 Reader + LCD Screen Protectors + More
UPDATE TO KIT: AS OF 3/12/2012 WE CHANGED THE CASE TO A LARGER CASE.
16MP, 3", 4X, f/2.0, LED Macro waterproof to depths of up to 45 feet,6 LED macro lights around lens barrel provide for lighting subjects as close as 1cm,high-definition movie mode ...