Record Screens & Menus
Auto picture mode gives you a few menu options like resolution, image quality and ISO. The camera still adjusts everything else so you can just point and shoot.
The W90 does not have a DISP button, but the amount of information displayed on the LCD can still be changed by pressing the OK button. The RED background in the one image shows highlight areas that are too bright.
Pressing the directions on the 4-way controller brings up several shortcut menus. Left takes you to the Flash settings, Up goes to the drive modes, Right are the Focus modes and down are is the Mode Menu which is shown below.
Auto Picture, Program, Night Scene, Movie, Underwater, Underwater Movie, Landscape, Flower, Portrait, Digital Microscope, Digital Wide, Digital SR, Surf & Snow, Kids, Pet, Sport, Fireworks, Candlelight, Night Scene Portrait, Text, Food, Digital Panorama, Frame Composite and Report
The Optio W90 not only offers Face Detection, it also has an auto Smile Capture feature as well as Face Priority that will choose specific faces over all others in the frame.
Record Mode Options:
- Image Tone - Bright, Natural, MonoChrome
- Recorded Pixels - 12M, 3:2, 16:9, 7M, 5M, 3M, 1024x768 or 640x480
- Quality Level - Three (Best), Two (Better) or One (Good) "stars"
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent or Manual
- AF Setting - Focusing Area (9 point AF, Spot AF, Tracking AF)
- AE Metering - Multi, Center-weighted, Spot
- Sensitivity - Auto or fixed at 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 160, 3200, 6400
- ISO Correction in AUTO - 64-100,
64-200, 64-400, 64-800, 64-1600
- EV Compensation - Override metering ±2.0EV in 1/3 steps
- Movie - Enters the Movie mode menu (shown below)
- D-Range Setting - Highlight Correction and Shadow Correction
- Pixel Track SR - On or Off
- Interval Shoot - Choose interval, number of shots, and start time
- Blink Detection - On or Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Instant Review -
On or Off
- Memory - Memorize settings between power on and off
- Green Button - Choose the function of the Green Button
- Sharpness - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Saturation - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Contrast - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Date Imprint - Off, Date, Date & Time, Time
- Macro Light - On or Off
The Optio W90 has the ability to capture movies at 720p HD as well as the standard 640x480 and 320x240 resolutions at either 15 or 30fps. You also have the option of using the Movie SR to help steady your hand held videos. The optical zoom can not be used while you are recording, but you can preset the desired focal length before recording starts. Movies are saved as Motion JPEG (.AVI) format.
Movie Menu Options:
- Recorded Pixels - 1280 @ 15 and 30fps, 640 @ 15 and 30fps, 320 @ 15 and 30fps
- Movie SR - On or Off
- Interval Shoot - Allows the camera to
capture images on a set interval or a set period of time (time-lapse
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.