Record Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Auto picture mode gives you a few menu options like resolution, image quality and ISO. The camera still adjusts everything else so you can just point and shoot.
Program mode gives you the most control over the camera, however, It is not a full manual mode. Pressing the OK button changes the amount of information that is shown on the screen. The RED background shows highlight areas that too bright.
With the shutter half-pressed the autofocus locks, the active AF point bracket will shrink, turn green, now you are ready to shoot.
Pressing the directions on the 4-way controller brings up several shortcut menus. Left takes you to the Flash settings, Up goes to the drive modes, Right are the Focus modes and down are is the Mode Menu which is shown below.
Auto Picture, Program, Night Scene, Movie, Underwater, Underwater Movie, Landscape, Flower, Portrait, Digital Wide, Surf & Snow, Digital SR, Kids, Pet, Half-Length Portrait, Sport, Fireworks, Candlelight, Night Scene Portrait, Text, Food, Digital Panorama, Frame Composite and Report
The Optio W80 not only offers Face Detection, it also has an auto Smile Capture feature as well as Face Priority that will choose specific faces over all others.
Record Mode Options:
- Image Tone - Bright, Natural, MonoChrome
- Pixel Track SR - On or Off
- Recorded Pixels - 12M, 3:2, 16:9, 7M, 5M, 3M, 1024x768 or 640x480
- Quality Level - Three (Best), Two (Better) or One (Good) "stars"
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent or Manual
- AF Setting - Focusing Area (9 point AF, Spot AF, Tracking AF)
- AE Metering - Multi, Center-weighted, Spot
- Sensitivity - Auto or fixed at 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 160, 3200, 6400
- ISO Correction in AUTO - 64-100, 64-200, 64-400, 64-800, 64-1600
- EV Compensation - Override metering ±2.0EV in 1/3 steps
- Movie - Enters the Movie mode menu (shown below)
- D-Range Setting - Highlight Correction and Shadow Correction
- Interval Shoot - Choose interval, number of shots, and start time
- Blink Detection - On or Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Instant Review - On or Off
- Memory - Memorize settings between power on and off
- Green Button - Choose the function of the Green Button
- Sharpness - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Saturation - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Contrast - Settings for minus, normal, plus
- Date Imprint - Off, Date, Date & Time, Time
The Optio W80 has the ability to capture movies at 720p HD as well as the standard 640x480 and 320x240 resolutions at both 15 and 30 fps. You also have the option of using the Movie SR to help steady your handheld videos.
Movie Menu Options:
- Recorded Pixels - 1280 @ 15 and 30fps, 640 @ 15 and 30fps, 320 @ 15 and 30fps
- Movie SR - On or Off
- Interval Shoot - Allows the camera to capture images on a set interval or a set period of time (time-lapse photography)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Battery Charger For Sanyo DB-L80 Xacti VPC-CG10 CS1 GH1|
Seller: Amazon Marketplace
In Stock: Yes
|No seller reviews|