Record Screens & Menus
Auto Picture is Pentax's version of intelligent Auto, which is a simple point-n-shoot exposure program that not only chooses the proper exposure settings, but also analyzes the scene being framed and will apply the best Scene mode settings too. It can choose from the following scene settings automatically: Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Standard, Flower, Sport, Candlelight, Blue Sky, Sunset, Text, Group Photo, Portrait + Blue Sky, Portrait + Sunset, and Portrait + Backlight. Unlike most cameras where you have no access to advanced settings, the S1 does allow you to change the ISO or sensitivity settings if you'd like. However, we recommend you keep it set to Auto most of the time. Half-pressing the shutter release will allow the camera to autofocus. When focus is achieved the active AF point bracket will shrink and turn green, now you are ready to capture the shot.
The above animation shows you the different display options available on the S1. Pressing the OK button in the center of the 4-way controller switches between Normal info (Mode used, flash mode, number of available pictures left, battery level, time and date), Extended information (Image size, White balance, Metering, ISO, and Histogram), and no info at all.
Program mode is also fully automatic, as in the camera handles selecting the shutter speed and aperture settings for you, helping you capture good exposures. However, you now have access to various other more advanced settings if you so desire: like White balance, Focus area, Metering, etc.
Auto Picture, Program, Blue Sky, Landscape, Flower, Sunset, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Portrait, Natural Skin Tone, Food, Digital SR (ISO 3200-6400 5M), Kids, Pet, Sport, Surf & Snow, Fireworks, Frame Composite (3M), Party, Candlelight, Text, Miniature Filter (5M), HDR Filter, Movie, Green, and Voice Recording.
Record Mode Options (available options will depend on mode used):
- Recorded Pixels - 14M, 10M (1:1), 10M (16:9), 7M, 2M (16:9), 640
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent or Shutter Adjust
- Focusing Area - Choose your focusing area mode; Wide, Narrow, Tracking
- AE Metering - Evaluative, Center-weighted, Spot
- Sensitivity - Auto or fixed at 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400
- EV Compensation - Override metering ±2.0EV in 1/3 steps
- D-Range Setting - Highlight Correction (On or Off), Shadow Correction (On or Off)
- Shake Reduction - Enable or disable image stabilization
- Face Detection - On or Off
- Blink Detection - On or Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Instant Review - On or Off
- Memory - Memorize settings between power on and off
- Green Button - Choose the function of the Green Button
- Sharpness - Adjust image sharpness in three levels
- Saturation - Adjust color saturation in three levels
- Contrast - Adjust image contrast in three levels
- Date Imprint - Off, Date, Date & Time, Time
Movie Menu Options:
- Recorded Pixels - 1280 @ 15 and 30fps, 640 @ 15 and 30fps, 320 @ 15 and 30fps
- Movie SR - On or Off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
package includes:1 x USB Cable
USB for Camera - 4.92 ft - 1 Pack - 1 x Type A Male USB - 1 x Male Proprietary Connector - Black - Compatibility: Pentax Optio Digital Cameras: A10 Mx4 S5Z S6 S7 Sv T10 ...
8 Slot SD Card Clear Plastic Case - Includes 2 MicroSD Card Slots Clear Plastic Case Fits 8 SD Cards - Includes 2 MicroSD Card Slots
Additional Information: This battery can be used for taking 300 images before requiring a recharge .