Record Screens & Menus
Shown here is the "green" point-n-shoot mode on the RS1500. While in this mode the camera controls all settings for the exposure process. The Record and Mode menus are locked, and you may only change the flash mode (Auto or Off), enable the Self-timer, or change between AF, Pan Focus or Macro focus mode. Face detection is ON, you are shown the number of remaining pictures (1532), and the battery life icon.
Auto picture mode is also an easy point-n-shoot mode, but gives you a few more options like resolution and ISO. The RS1500 still adjusts everything else so you can just point and shoot.
Half-pressing the shutter release will allow the camera to autofocus. When focus is achieved the active AF point bracket will shrink and turn green, now you are ready to shoot.
Using the 4-way pad while in record mode brings up several shortcut menus. Left takes you to the Flash settings, Up goes to the drive modes, Right are the Focus modes, and Down is the Mode Menu which is shown below.
The Optio RS1500 not only offers Face Detection, it also has an auto Smile Capture feature that will capture a photo automatically when a detected face in the frame smiles.
Auto Picture, Program, Natural Skin Tone, Night Scene Portrait, Night Scene, Movie, Landscape, Blue Sky, Sunset, Flower, Sport, Digital SR, Kids, Pet, Portrait, Food, Candlelight, Surf & Snow, Half-length Portrait, Frame Composite, Text, and Digital Panorama.
Record Mode Options:
- Recorded Pixels - 14M, 10M (16:9), 7M, 2M (16:9), 640
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent or Shutter Adjust
- Focusing Area - Choose your focusing mode
- Sensitivity - Auto or fixed at 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400
- EV Compensation - Override metering ±2.0EV in 1/3 steps
- Movie - Enters the Movie mode menu (shown below)
- Shadow Correction - On or Off
- Digital Blur Removal - On or Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Memory - Memorize settings between power on and off
- Green Button - Choose the function of the Green Button
- Date Imprint - Off, Date, Date & Time, Time
Movie Menu Options:
- Recorded Pixels - 1280 @ 15 and 30fps, 640 @ 15 and 30fps, 320 @ 15 and 30fps
- Movie SR - On or Off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.