Click to take a QuickTime tour of the Optio 330GS
The Optio 330GS is a compact 3-megapixel digital camera with a 3x optical zoom lens that offers a wide range of handy shooting modes, including an innovative 3D- image mode for stereoscopic shooting. For greater versatility, the Optio 330GS even has a handy swing-out LCD screen, which folds out through 180° to assist in a variety of situations. With all these features, you might expect it to be something of a handful but, thanks to PENTAX advanced technology and a newly designed lens, the remarkably compact and stylish Optio 330GS fits easily into your pocket.
Like other models in the Optio series, the Optio 330GS is amazingly compact and easy to carry, with dimensions of just 4.0" (W), 2.5" (H), and 1.5" (D) and weighs only 6.3 oz. The 3X zoom lens is equivalent to a 38-114mm lens in 35mm format and provides high- quality, high resolution images while achieving a low level of image distortion. Image quality is further ensured with the Optio 330GS's efficient 3.2 total megapixel primary color filter CCD.
The image processing circuitry makes the Optio 330GS a robust performer. The user can easily choose from a range of shooting modes, such as Auto, Full selectable, Night Scene, and Movie. There's individual buttons for frequently used functions accessed during the composition and playback of images and a four-way controller with a central "OK" button for easy operation.
Enjoy a new perspective with stereoscopic shooting. The Optio 330GS makes it easy to take 3D shots that have real depth and perspective when seen through the special 3D viewer provided.
The Optio 330GS has a 5-point autofocus system with selectable Spot AF. Macro mode allows you to compose shots at a distance of just 0.33ft (0.1m) from your subject and zoom in or out as you please. There's also Infinity- landscape mode, which is ideal for capturing landscapes and scenery, even when you are shooting through a window. The manual focus function gives you the freedom to achieve exactly the kind of focus you want, while viewing the subject on the LCD monitor. The Optio 330GS can even zoom in on one part of the shot for more accurate focusing.
Advanced features abound with White Balance settings for Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten Light, Fluorescent Light and manual preset. Exposure metering can be selected according to your subject. Choose from Multi-segment metering, Center-weighted metering, and Spot metering. Sensitivity to light can be set to auto, or manually set to 100, 200 or 400 equivalent. Exposure compensation can be adjusted with a range of +2EV in 1/3EV steps. A choice of color, black & white, and sepia modes allow further creative freedom. Sharpness, saturation and contrast can be set in 3 different grades to produce the desired results.
There are times when you want to take a shot of yourself. On such occasions, the Optio 330GS makes composition much easier with its high-resolution, 1.6 inch LCD monitor that swings out through 180°. You can see exactly how you appear in the frame while still holding the camera. Self portraits can now be composed with the same ease as shots of other people, and you can easily join someone else in the same shot. And of course the color LCD allows you to check the image as soon as you have taken it.
The Optio 330GS can be easily connected to a TV via video cable for even easier viewing of recorded images and is compatible with both NTSC and PAL systems. The camera is powered by two AA (lithium, Ni-MH, or alkaline) batteries, one lithium CR-V3 battery or an optional AC adapter is available. Images and movie clips are stored on CompactFlash Type I flash cards, a 16 MB card is supplied.
Optio 330GS Features:
- Compact 4.0" x 2.5" x 1.5" and weighs only 6.3 oz.
- 3-megapixel CCD for images up to 2048 x 1536 pixels
- 3x optical zoom (38-114mm) with 2.5x digital zoom
- Macro mode as close as 0.33ft (0.1m) from subject
- 1.6-inch color LCD monitor swings out through 180°
- Seven picture modes: Landscape, Close-up, Portrait, Self-portrait, Soft, Surf & Snow and Sunset
- Shooting modes: Standard, Picture, Night Scene and Movie, as well as 3D image modes
- Multi-segment, Center-weighted or Spot-metering
- 5-point autofocus with Spot option and focus assist lamp
- Exposure and white balance bracketing
- Sharpness, saturation and contrast in three different levels
- Movie mode records 30 seconds of video in AVI format
- Multiple image file formats including, JPEG, TIFF and AVI
- 3D-image mode with included Stereo Viewer
- Built-in flash with Auto, Fill and Red-eye Reduction modes
- Color, black & white, and sepia modes
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent and manual
- USB Mass Storage compatible for image downloading
- Exif Print and PRINT Image Matching III compatible
- CompactFlash Type I memory cards
- World Time function displays the time in 62 countries
The Optio 330GS includes the following: 16MB CompactFlash, USB cable, video cable, ACDSee™ software, Stereo Viewer, neck strap and lithium CR-V3 battery.
Pentax Optio 330GS and a standard CD for size comparison