Pressing the playback button on the back of the camera allows you to view all of the images and videos that are saved on either of the SD cards. The info button allows you to change the amount of information that is shown about the image.
Index mode allows you to view thumbnails of the images that are stored on the SD card. It is possible to change the number of thumbnails that the camera will show. You can also search your images by the date in which they were taken.
The K-3 also gives you the ability to zoom in on any of the stored images. This is a great way to check focus and fine details when a computer or monitor is not available.
The playback menu offers control over the camera as well as some editing options: Image Rotation, Digital Filter, Color Moiré Correction, Resize, Cropping, Index, Protect, Slideshow, Save as Manual WB, Save Cross Processing, RAW Development, Movie Edit, Image Copy, Eye-Fi Image Transfer.
- Slideshow - Start an animated slideshow of your stored images
- Quick Zoom - 100%, x16, x8, x4, x2, Off
- Highlight Alert - On or Off
- Auto Image Rotation - On or Off
- Protect All Images
- Delete All Images
Playback of your videos on the K-3 feature frame-by-frame control allowing you to see every detail. The videos can be played back on either the LCD or on any HDTV with an optional HDMI cable.
The camera also gives you some basic trimming and editing features that allow you to put together or adjust your movies.
- Language - Menu language - 16 choices
- Date Adjust - Set internal clock's time and date
- World Time - Setup world time zones
- Text Size - Std. or Large
- Sound Effects - Change the volume
- LCD Display:
- Guide Display - On or Off
- Auto Screen Rotation - On or Off
- Display Color - Change the Menu display color
- LCD Display Setting - Adjust Brightness and Color settings
- USB Connection - MSC or PTP
- HDMI Out - Auto, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p
- Folder Name - Date or Pentx
- Create New Folder - Create, Cancel
- File Name - Change file name format
- File No. - Sequential Numbering, Reset File Number
- Copyright Info - On or Off; Setup your information
- Flicker Reduction - 50Hz, 60Hz
- Auto Power Off - Auto-Off time delay (1m, 3m, 5m, 10m, 30m or Off)
- Select battery - Auto Select, Body First, Grip First
- Wireless Memory Card -
- Reset - Return all settings to default (other than date/time, language, video out and world time)
- Pixel Mapping - Maps out and corrects for any defective pixels in the CCD sensor
- Dust Alert - Checks for dust on sensor
- Dust Removal - Cleans the imager with the dust removal function
- Sensor Cleaning - Lock the mirror up to physically clean the imager
- Format - Format the SD/SDHC memory card 1 or 2
- Firmware Info/Options - Displays Firmware version