Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS35 Preview
Like the ZS40 (and most current digicams), the ZS35 offers built-in Wi-Fi. With their free Panasonic Image mobile app, you can use your Android or iOS smart device (phone or tablet) to control the ZS35, including capturing stills and video. You can then easily upload them to Facebook, etc. The ZS35 does not, however, offer NFC technology; an option that's almost standard now with Wi-Fi capable devices.
The ZS35 also drops the GPS and LVF features we see on the ZS40, however it picks up a nice 3.0-inch tilting LCD screen. With 460k dots, the screen should afford a nice, bright view. Other core specs include a 16-metgapixel High Sensitivity MOS image sensor, "Light Speed Auto Focus", 10fps burst shooting at full resolution, and full 1080p HD video recording.
As we saw with its big brother, the ZS35 offers a plethora of exposure modes. These include iA (intelligent Auto) and various automatic scene modes for beginners; as well as PASM modes for more skilled users.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS35 features:
- 16.-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS image sensor
- 20x optical zoom lens
- Focal range of 24-480mm
- POWER O.I.S. image stabilization system
- iA (intelligent Auto) and 17 pre-programmed scene modes for fully-automatic operation
- Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual mode for more advanced operation
- 3.0-inch tilting LCD with 480k dots
- Light Speed AF
- Full HD video recording at 1080p resolution
- Burst shooting at up to 10fps
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Remote Camera control from free Panasonic Image mobile app
- Li-ion battery pack (good for up to 350 shots)
Pricing will be around $299 US, and you can choose from Black or White. Availability will be in mid April, 2014.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.