Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Preview
The Lumix DMC-ZS25 looks almost identical to its brother the DMC-ZS30
, with two main differences between them; the ZS25 offers a 16.1-megapixel HS MOS image sensor versus the ZS30's 18.1-megapixel sensor, and the ZS25 lacks built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. Other than than, these cameras share the same specifications; the ZS25 will just come in at a slightly lower MSRP.
Although it looses a couple features when compared to the ZS30, the ZS25 is till quite appealing; and not just because of the lower price tag. It boasts the same powerful 20x Leica optical zoom lens, Power O.I.S. system with Panasonic's new 5 axis Hybrid O.I.S.+ correction, AVCHD full 1080 (60p) HD video recording, a 3.0-inch touch screen LCD, 10fps burst shooting, and a plethora of creative exposure modes and retouch features. All of which are packed into a compact shell.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 features:
- 16.1-megapixel, High-Sensitivity MOS image sensor
- Updated Venus Engine processing unit
- 20x Leica optical zoom lens covers 24-480mm equivalent zoom range
- Power O.I.S. image/video stabilization with upgraded Hybrid O.I.S.+ New 5 Axis correction to help counteract both tilt and handskake
- AVCHD Full 1080 (60p) HD video recording
- Various exposure options, including Intelligent Auto, Program AE, Aperture priority, Shutter priority, full Manual, etc.
- New Creative Control / Retouch features, like toy effect, high dynamic range and retro
- Improved AF speeds
- Burst shooting at up to 10fps (max 6 frames)
- 3.0-inch Touch Screen LCD
- Built-in GPS functionality
- Li-ion battery pack
The Lumix ZS25 will come in Black or Silver, and should start shipping at the end of March, 2013. Pricing is to be announced at a later date.
Additional Product Views
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.