Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS100 Preview
This impressive 1-inch sensor is mated to an equally impressive LEICA 10x optical zoom lens, which offers an equivalent view of 25-250mm. This is a rather fast lens as well, offering a maximum aperture of f/2.8 at wide angle. Panasonic claims this lens/sensor combo will allow users to capture shots that are "clear, crisp, and natural; even when photographing at high ISO". This lens is aided by their new 5-axis HYBRID Optical Image Stabilization system, which will help you produce sharper handheld images in a variety of shooting situations.
Social media buffs will appreciate the ZS100's built-in Wi-Fi function, which allows you to connect the camera to your iOS or Android smart device for quick and easy photo sharing to your favorite social media sites. This Wi-Fi function even allows you to use your smart device as a remote viewfinder and shutter release, allowing you to control the camera from your smart device. Framing and viewing of captured content is handled via a high-resolution (1,040K dot) 3.0" touchscreen LCD.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 Features:
- 20-megapixel 1" High Sensitivity MOS image sensor
- The latest generation of the Panasonic VENUS engine image processor
- 10x LEICA optical zoom lens that covers 25-250mm (equivalent)
- Fast maximum f/2.8 aperture (at wide angle)
- 5-axis HYBRID OIS system
- Light Speed AF and Depth from Defocus (DFD) AF technologies
- 4K video recording at 30fps (.mp4)
- 4K Photo function
- 3.0" 1,040K dot touchscreen LCD
- Burst shooting at 10fps at full resolution (5fps with continuous AF)
- Built-in Wi-Fi
The ZS100 will come in silver or black, with shipments starting in March. The suggested retail price will be $699.99.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.