Click on the Lumix LS70 to take a 360° tour
The 7.2 Megapixel Lumix DMC-TZ3 is the latest entry to Panasonic's popular TZ family, and features a 7.2-megapixel CCD
imager, 28mm wide view LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens, Intelligent Image Stabilization, with the industry's most
advanced countermeasures against blurring, and a 3.0-inch LCD, all packaged in a compact, stylish, and durable
stainless steel body.
Panasonic's multi-tasking Intelligent Image Stabilization system makes it easy to capture beautiful photos
every time. MEGA O.I.S., which is a standard feature across the entire line of Lumix cameras, compensates for
the effects of hand-shake, making it possible to capture clear, crisp photos indoors, at night, or when
taking macro close-ups. However, MEGA O.I.S. cannot suppress the motion blur caused by a subject moving as
the photo is being snapped. In this case, the camera's Venus Engine III image-processing engine - detects
whether the subject is moving and, as necessary, raises the ISO setting and shutter speed according to how
fast the subject is moving and the light conditions.
Other features of the DMC-TZ3 that improve usability and convenience include:
- Clipboard Function: Holds and retrieves useful information on a trip - perfect for quick and easy shots of a map or train schedule.
- Dual Image Playback: Displays two images at the same time, one above the other, and offers photographers the chance to compare images.
- Added Modes: Pet and Sunset Modes have been added to make it easier to take beautiful photos in a range of photographic situations.
- Direct Print Mode: Brings immediate printing to users with one turn of the mode dial and quick USB cable and a Pictbridge-compatible printer connection.
- Built in Lens Cap: Offers added lens protection and convenience.
- Large-Capacity SDHC memory card compatibility.
- Extended Battery Life and Memory: Results in around 270 shots on a single battery charge and contains 12.7 MB of built-in memory.
- Slide Change Effect Feature: Offers photographers and easier way to view your images, replacing the classic frame-by-frame advance.
- Power LCD Function: Boosts the LCD backlighting by 40 percent, making shooting outdoors and viewing your photos in bright sunshine easy.
- High-Angle Mode: Accessed quickly and easily via a dedicated button, makes the LCD screen extremely easy to view when the camera is held high, such as to shoot over a crowd.
- Wide-Aspect VGA Motion Images: Records standard VGA (640 x 480) motion images at 30 frames per second, and each camera records stunning wide-aspect VGA (848 x 480) motion images at 30 frames per second.
- Travel Date and World Time Setting: Offers the option of setting a trip's the departure date and displaying images in chronological order, as well as setting the camera's time and date for up to 74 locations around the world.
The DMC-TZ3 also includes the Panasonic Venus Engine III, their most advanced image-processing engine to
date. The engine helps to improve noise reduction and can record at a sensitivity setting as high as ISO 1250
with full resolution. With its multi-task image-processing capability, the Venus Engine III also boasts
outstanding response time, shutter release time lag as short as 0.006 second, and shutter interval as short
as 0.5 seconds. This fast response makes it easy to capture sudden, spur-of-the-moment shots. Additionally
in burst shooting mode, the DMC-TZ3 can fire off three shots per second at full resolution and allows
unlimited consecutive shooting until the SDHC/SD memory card is full.
Major DMC-TZ3 Features:
- 7.2-megapixel effective CCD for images up to 3072 x 2304 pixels
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens 10x optical zoom, equivalent to 28-280mm on a 35mm camera
- MEGA O.I.S. (Optical image stabilization) system
- High Sensitivity mode, up to ISO 3200
- 9-point AF system with focus-assist lamp
- 3.0-inch TFT color monitor with (230k pixels)
- Simple, Program AE, Macro, Intelligent ISO + 21 scene modes
- Burst capture mode
- 640x480/320x240 (4:3) or 848 x 480 (16:9) QuickTime movies, 30fps or 10fps with audio
- Shutter speeds from 1/2000 to 8 seconds
- Built-in flash with auto, fill, slow synchro and red-eye reduction modes
- TTL Auto White Balance, 5 presets and custom set
- 12.7MB of internal memory plus SD/SDHC/MMC memory card slot
- Optional Underwater Case
- Plug-n-Play USB, Mass Storage compliant
- PictBridge Direct-Print compatible
- Powered by a 3.7v 1000mAh Lithium-ion Battery Pack
The Lumix DMC-TZ3 is available now with a suggested retail price of