Record Screens & Menus
In record mode you have the option of changing the amount of information displayed on the screen by pressing the DISP. button. Since the camera has a dedicated video record button, there is no separate information or a separate shooting mode for video. Instead all of the information is shown the same time.
program mode gives you more control over the camera then when you are shooting in iauto mode. Settings like ISO and white balance give you more creative freedom, while the camera still sets the rest of the camera settings for you.
Scenes: portrait, soft skin, scenery, panorama shot, night portrait, night scenery, food, baby one, baby two, pet, sunset, high sensitivity, through glass. In the mode menu you'll also find sports, snow, beach and surf, underwater in miniature effect.
Along with navigating the menus, the 4-way controller gives you shortcuts to commonly used camera settings. Pressing up takes you to the exposure compensation, right for the flash controls, down for macro mode and left for the self timer.
Pressing the Q. Menu (quick menu) button at the bottom of the camera brings you to a list of commonly used and changed camera settings. This way you do not have to search through the camera's entire main menu to find these settings. They include image size, ISO, white balance, AF mode, burst shooting, video resolution, LCD brightness.
- Picture Size - 16M, 10M EZ, 5M EZ, 3M EZ, 0.3M EZ, 14M (3:2), 12M (16:9), 12M (1:1)
- ISO - Intelligent, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Incandescent, White Set
- AF Mode - Face Detection, Tracking, 23-Area, 1 Area, Spot
- Face Recognition - On, Off, Memory
- I.Exposure - On or Off
- i.Resolution - On, i.Zoom, Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Burst - Off, Burst, Flash Burst, Hi-Speed
- Color Mode - Standard, Vivid, B/W, Sepia, Cool, Warm
- AF Assist Lamp - On or Off
- Red-Eye Removal - On or Off
- Stabilizer - Off, O n
- Date Stamp - W/O Time, W/ Time, Off
- Clock Set - Set the time and Date
- Record Quality - HD, VGA
- Continuous AF - On or Off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.