Record Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
In any shooting mode you have the option of changing the amount of information the camera will display on the screen. Here you see the program shooting mode, which gives you more control over the image, but still with automatic settings.
Pressing the Q. Menu (quick menu) button at the bottom of the camera brings you to a list of commonly used and changed camera settings. This way you do not have to search through the camera's entire main menu to find these settings. They include Image Stabilization, Burst mode, AF Mode, White Balance, ISO, Image Size, and Power LCD Mode.
The camera's 4-way controller also acts as shortcut buttons for the exposure compensation (up), flash (right), macro (down) and the self-timer (left). The center button allows you to make your selections when looking at these options. If you are not looking at these options, it will bring up the camera's main menu when pressed.
Scene Modes: Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby 1-2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Flash Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach and Surf, Snow, Aerial Photo, Film Grain and Photo Frame.
- Picture Size - 14M, 10M EZ, 5M EZ, 3M EZ, 0.3M EZ, 12.5M 3:2, 10.5M 16:9
- ISO - Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Halogen, White Set
- AF Mode - Face Detection, Tracking, 11-Area, 1-Area High Speed, 1 Area, Spot
- Burst - Off, Burst, Unlimited
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Color Mode - Standard, Natural, Vivid, B/W, Sepia, Cool, Warm
- Stabilizer - Off, Auto, Mode 1, Mode 2
- AF Assist Lamp - On or Off
- Red-Eye Removal - On or Off
- Clock Set - Set the time and Date
There is no dedicated video record button as found on the TS1, so the camera must be put into video recording mode. Here you will find the video information including image size and time remaining. This model also lacks the AVCHD Lite mode that allows you to capture excellent quality video with smaller file sizes. You do have the option of 720p HD, 848x480, 640x480 and 320x240
Movie Record Menu:
- Rec Quality - HD (1280x720), WVGA (848x480), VGA (640x480), QVGA (320x240)
- White Balance - Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Shade, Halogen, White Set
- Color Mode - Standard, Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Lenmar DLPBCF10 Camera/Camcorder Battery - 840 mAh Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) - 3.6 V DC
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25 - Digital camera - compact - 16.1 Mpix - 4 x optical zoom - white