Playback Screens & Menus
The default playback screen shows just basic information plus date/time. Pressing the display button adds camera settings to the information; pressing it again takes all overlaid text away. The bottom left icon indicates that pressing upward on the four-way control will take you to auto retouch. This is the only editing option in playback mode - there are no creative filters to apply nor any other manually selectable parameters, such as saturation, contrast, etc.
A second press on the display button adds six camera settings to the lower left corner: shooting mode, flash, white balance, ISO, aperture, and shutter speed.
In playback mode, the camera can magnify your images from 2X to 16X. You use the zoom ring to increase or decrease the magnification, and move around the image using the four-way control.
At 16x you can take a close look at a small detail of your photos, though the resolution of the LCD is too low to expect to make critical inspection of focus accuracy.
Pressing leftward on the zoom ring takes you to an indexed view of 12 images. Without a dial or wheel at your disposal you cannot exactly whiz through the images, having to press the four-way control buttons to scroll through them.
Pressing leftward on the zoom ring again takes you to an index view of 30 images.
One more press on the zoom ring takes you to the calendar view so you can easily navigate to photos taken on a particular date.
While in playback, pressing the mode button will take you to the playback mode menu. The default is normal play, but from here you can also select to play a slideshow, display photos in calendar view or use filtering play, which allows you to display only portraits, landscape shots, baby pictures, videos, etc.
The playback mode menu offers three pages of settings.
- Location logging: add location data, delete location data
- Upload set: single picture, multiple pictures, cancel
- Text stamp: single, multi
- Video divide
- Print set: single, multi, cancel
Pressing the WiFi button in playback mode gives you six options, including "send image".
- WiFi setup: Select WiFi Wizard and follow instructions, or select and add access point via WPS (push-button), WPS (PIN) or manual connection
- Remote control: Connect to a smartphone so it can act as remote shutter, display images on the camera, send and receive images, and send geotag information to the camera
- Send image: Connect to wireless access point, set destination
- Wireless TV playback: Connect to wireless access point, set destination
- Wireless print: Connect to wireless access point, set destination
- Smart transfer: Connect to wireless access point, select destination
After getting a login for the Lumix Club (free), you can synchronize images between devices or send them to a web service or friend's AV device that has a Lumix Club login.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ5 14.1MP Compact Camera - 4.50-45 mm f/3.1-5.9 10x Zoom Lens - Black|
|Seller||Price||In Stock||Seller Rating|
|ojcommerce||$221.99||No seller reviews|