Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Preview
Panasonic has announced the sixth generation of its high-end LX camera series, with the new Lumix DMC-LX100
. As the successor to the DMC-LX7
, the LX100 has a 12.8-megapixel Micro Four Thirds HS MOS image sensor mated to the Venus Engine image processor and a 3x optical zoom (24-75mm equivalent) zoom lens. The LX100 is not only capable of Full 1080p HD video at 60 frames-per-second, but also 4K Video recording at 30 frames-per-second as well as a Hybrid Photography 4K mode which allows users to take still photos from any 4K video.
Other high-end LX100 features include 11 frames-per-second high speed shooting, an extremely fast AutoFocus, a number of Creative Filters, Panorama modes, Wi-Fi & NFC technologies for remotely controlling the camera from compatible smartphones and tablets, and modes like Focus Peaking, highlight/shadow control, and Level Gauge to ensure your photographs are properly framed and exposed.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Features:
- 12.8MP Micro Four Thirds High Sensitivity MOS image sensor
- Venus Engine image processor
- Mutli Process NR
- Random Filter
- Aperture Filter
- 3x optical zoom (24-75mm 35mm equivalent) LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lens
- 16:9 widescreen Live View Finder
- 4K Video @ 30p
- Full 1080p Video @ 60p
- Hybrid Photography 4K Photo mode
- DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology
- 11fps High Speed Shooting
- 0.14 second Light Speed AF
- 1/4,000(mechanical) and 1/16,000(electronic) high speed shutter speed
- Creative Control (Filter)
- Creative Panorama
- Photo Style
- Focus Peaking
- Level Gauge
- WB (white balance) bracket
- highlight/shadow control
- RAW capable
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 will be available by the end of October (2014). Pricing has not yet been announced.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.