Click on the Lumix LX1 to take a QuickTime VR tour
The 8.4 megapixel Lumix DMC-LX1 is the first digital camera to have a true 16:9
ratio CCD imager for capturing wide aspect pictures for display on a HDTV big screen.
The LX1 features Panasonic's MEGA Optical Image Stabilization, the key to removing
unintentional shaking from the picture-taking experience. This ultra-compact camera
also features a 4x wide-angle optical zoom with a 28 to 112mm equivalent coverage.
For high-speed image processing, the LX1 utilizes the Venus Engine II LSI. It boasts
quick responsiveness that realizes best-in-class level release time lag of 0.01 seconds.
Still images can be saved in standard JPEG compressed format in two quality levels or
in uncompressed TIFF or RAW format.
The LX1 is also the first digital camera that can record moving images at 848x480
16:9 Wide VGA, at the smooth 30 frames per second framerate.
The LX1 offers manual focus and exposure, with both adjustable by an easy-to-use
joystick. A switch on the side of the lens barrel lets users quickly change the focus
mode. Another switch lets users choose between 16:9 wide image mode, 3:2 image mode, and
4:3 image, in case a more traditional aspect ratio is desired.
The LX1 offers an array of exposure modes including fully Automatic, Program AE,
Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, Program Shift (P mode) and two
Scene modes each settable for: Portrait, Sports, Food, Scenery, Night Scenery,
Panning, Night, Portrait, Fireworks, Party, Snow, Baby, Soft Skin, Starry Sky
and Candle. Exposure metering options include intelligent multiple, center-weighted
and spot. Image adjustments include contrast, sharpness, saturation and color
effects include cool, warm, black & white and sepia.
The 2.5 inch LCD monitor is perfect for reviewing still images, movies, and up to 25
thumbnail images for quick review, turning the LX1 into a digital photo album as well as
a fun image capture device.
Powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery that delivers up to 240 shots per charge,
you're always ready to capture that special moment. USB connectivity with Windows and
Mac computers and PictBridge compatible for direct printing with any PictBridge
enabled photo printer.
Major DMC-LX1 Features:
- 8.4-megapixel imager with 4:3, 3:2 and 16:9 aspect ratios
- 4x wide angle zoom, equivalent to 28-112mm on a 35mm camera
- Optical image stabilization to prevent camera shake and blurring
- 1-point and 3-point high-speed, 9-point AF system
- Macro focus with autofocus down to 5 cm
- Large 2.5-inch high-resolution TFT color monitor
- Auto, Program, Aperture priority, Shutter speed priority, Manual,
Movie and 14 scene modes
- 3fps Burst, Unlimited Consecutive, AE Bracketing and Timelapse modes
- QuickTime movies, 30fps or 10fps 848x480, 640x480 or 320x240
- Shutter speeds from 1/2000 to 8 seconds (Shutter priority and Manual modes)
- Built-in flash with auto, fill, slow synchro and red-eye reduction modes
- Intelligent Multiple and Spot exposure metering
- TTL Auto White Balance, 5 presets and custom set
- 32MB Secure Digital card
- Plug-n-Play USB, Mass Storage compliant
- PictBridge Direct-Print compatible
- Powered by rechargeable Li-ion battery