Click on the Lumix LS2 to take a 360° tour
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS2 features a 5-megapixel CCD, 3x optical zoom lens with MEGA
Optical Image Stabilization, and a 2-inch color LCD. This easy to use compact digital
camera takes great pictures and is priced so that it's affordable for all consumers.
As with all of the models in Panasonic's Lumix digital still camera line, the DMC-LS2
features the top rated MEGA Optical Image Stabilization. With MEGA Optical Image
Stabilization, the lenses inside the camera actually adjust their position to compensate for
any hand movement at the time a picture is taken. This significantly decreases the
likelihood of blurry pictures, one of the top complaints among photographers. With MEGA
Optical Image Stabilization, pictures come out clear, even when using the zoom feature or in
The 2-inch LCD on the back of the DMC-LS2 is also an impressive feature of the camera, with
a high-angle LCD function, which makes the display easy to view from all different angles.
This high-resolution LCD lets users view pictures in thumbnail form as well, with playback
of one, nine, 16 and 25 pictures at a time in a multi-split screen, so searching for one
special image among many is easy.
In addition to the 5-point, 3-point high speed, 1-point normal speed and Spot autofocus, the
LS2 can be set to 1-point high-speed autofocus. This setting reduces autofocus time by about
50 percent compared to previous models in the LS series of Panasonic Lumix digital still
The LS series has a mode dial for easy shortcuts to scene modes and Simple Mode. The LS2
contains five new scene modes compared to the previous model, bringing the total now to 13.
The special "Baby" mode puts a time stamp on every photo that tells how old the baby is by
day, month and year (and this mode appears twice to keep two babies' birth dates in memory).
Simple Mode offers easy shooting to the most novice photographer. Simply turn the dial to
set the mode, aim the camera, zoom in or out, press the shutter button and a picture is
taken. Lighting conditions are compensated for automatically.
The Venus Engine Plus processor controls all the image capture and functions of the DMC-LS2,
and also manages energy use to extend battery life, which means more opportunities for users
to get that perfect shot. The LS2 comes packaged with Panasonic's own Oxyride AA batteries,
which feature longer life and power than alkaline batteries. With Oxyride batteries, the LS2
can take up to 250 pictures.
The LS2 comes with 14 megabytes of built-in memory, so it is ready to take pictures right
out of the box. For additional picture-taking capacity, the camera takes SD Memory cards.
Pictures can also be transferred to a computer using the included USB cable which can also
be connected directly to any PictBridge compatible photo printer.
Major DMC-LS2 Features:
- 5-megapixel effective CCD for images up to 2560 x 1920 pixels
- 3x optical zoom, equivalent to 35-105mm on a 35mm camera
- Optical image stabilization to help prevent camera shake and blurring
- 5-point AF with 3 point, 1 point and Spot options
- 2.0-inch TFT color monitor
- Macro, Portrait, Sports, Panning, Night Portrait picture modes
- Burst mode captures @ 3fps up to 9 frames
- 320x240 QuickTime movies, 30fps or 10fps w/out audio
- Shutter speeds from 1/2000 to 8 seconds (Shutter priority and Manual modes)
- Built-in flash with auto, fill, slow synchro and red-eye reduction modes
- TTL Auto White Balance, 5 presets and custom set
- 14MB internal memory plus Secure Digital memory card slot
- Plug-n-Play USB, Mass Storage compliant
- PictBridge Direct-Print compatible
- Powered by two standard AA type batteries
The Lumix DMC-LS2 has a suggested retail price of
$199.95 and comes with two AA batteries; Video cable; USB
connection cable; carrying strap and software on CD-ROM.