Click on the DMC-LC1 to take a QuickTime VR tour
The Panasonic DMC-LC1 closely resembles a 35mm camera in both form and function, the zoom, focus and aperture are manually controlled by ring settings on the lens; shutter speed is controlled by a dial located on the top of the camera. Inside the DMC-LC1 is a high-quality 2/3-inch, 5-megapixel image sensor and Panasonic's Venus Engine LSI which handles all image processing functions simultaneously. The result is superb image rendering and outstanding responsiveness.
A camera is nothing without a lens and the DMC-LC1 incorporates a high-performance Leica lens for extraordinary image rendering. Leica lenses retain a legendary reputation for creating images that capture the most delicate nuances of light and shade, the elusive ambience of "air", and subtle gradations of color. The DMC-LC1 is coupled with an F2.0 - 2.4 Leica DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens (13 elements in 10 groups) with 3.2x zoom capability equivalent to 28 - 90mm on a 35mm camera.
The DMC-LC1 can capture image in the RAW format as well as Super Fine/Fine/Standard JPEG and QuickTime motion JPEG images. The raw file format stores uncompressed data directly off the camera's CCD with no in-camera processing. Adobe Photoshop CS was updated to provide integrated support of the Panasonic raw format.
Framing, review and menu operations can be carried out on either the huge 2.5-inch color LCD or with the high-resolution color EVF (electronic viewfnder.) Still images and movies are stored on removable Secure Digital cards and the DMC-LC1 interfaces with a USB port for Mass Storage compliant connectivity. The USB port also allows for direct printing with PictBridge compliant photo printers. The camera is powered by a high-capacity, rechargeable Li-ion battery. A rapid charger and AC power supply are also included in the camera outfit.
Lumix LC1 Features:
- Look and feel of a 35mm camera with durable black metal body
- Manual controls for focus, shutter speed, aperture and zoom
- 5-megapixel CCD for images up to 2560 x 1920 pixels
- Leica DC Vario-Summicron 3.2x zoom lens (28-90mm on a 35mm camera)
- 2.5-inch TFT color monitor with 211,000 pixels
- Eyelevel color viewfinder with 235,000 pixels
- Burst capture at 2.7fps to 5 frames Fine/9 frames Standard
- RAW and JPEG file formats
- QuickTime Movie mode, 30/10fps w/sound, length limited by available memory
- Record 5-sec audio with image, add 10-sec audio memo later
- Real-time exposure histogram display
- Automatic shutter speeds from 1/2000 to 8 seconds
- Adjustable ISO speed: Auto / 100 / 200 / 400
- Built-in flash can tilt 45° for bounce flash. The hotshoe accepts optional external flash units
- Intelligent Multiple, Center-weighted and Spot metering
- Color saturation and color effect settings
- TTL Auto White Balance, 4 presets and custom set
- Secure Digital/MMC memory card slot, 16MB SD card included
- Plug-n-Play USB connectivity with PC/Windows
- USB PictBridge/Direct-Print compatible
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery and charger included
The Lumix DMC-LC1 outfit includes battery charger/AC adaptor, battery pack, 16MB SD Memory Card, AC cable, DC cable, lens cap, A/V cable, USB driver, USB cable, lens hood, hood cap, MC protector, wired remote shutter release, strap, SD viewer software, ArcSoft editing software: ArcSoft PhotoBase, ArcSoft PhotoImpression, ArcSoft PhotoPrinter and ArcSoft Panorama Maker. It has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $1,599.00.