Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Touching the index icon on the screen or turning the dial to the left enters the camera into index mode. This allows you to see thumbnail images of the images on the camera so you can quickly scroll through them. You can also choose your images based on the date they were taken.
Turning the dial to the right or just touching the screen allows you to zoom in on an image up to 16x. You can then touch and drag your finger across the LCD screen to move the image. This also works with the 4-way controller.
Playback of your images can happen in any of the following modes: Normal, Picture Only, AVCHD Only, Motion JPEG Only, 3D Play, Category Play, and Favorite Play.
- Slide Show - Runs an in-camera slide show that can be hooked up to a TV for external viewing without a computer
- Playback mode - Normal, Picture, AVCHD, Motion JPEG, Category
- Title Edit - Add a text comment to your photos
- Text Stamp - Include a date/time, age, travel date or title stamp onto your photos
- Video Divide - Allows simple cropping and editing of videos
- Resize - Allows you to resize an image inside the camera
- Cropping - Allows you to crop an image inside the camera
- Aspect Conversion - 3:2, 4:3, 1:1 (this option can only be used on 16:9 aspect photos)
- Rotate - Allows you to rotate a picture inside the camera
- Rotate Display - On or Off
- Favorite - On, Off, Cancel
- Print Set - Choose the DPOF (Direct Print Order Format) settings for direct printing
- Protect - Single or Multi
- Audio Dub. - Add a short audio clip to your photos (max. 10 seconds)
- Face Recognition Edit - Clears all Face Recognition information from an image
Trimming or cropping allows you to use the zoom feature to select a smaller portion of the image and save it as a new one. This is also much easier than doing it on a computer, but you do not have as much control.
Resize allows you to make a smaller copy of an image that you have already captured. This is a great way to save or free some space on a memory card. It is also an easy way to make smaller copies for email or posting to the web.
Rotate changes the orientation on the image by 90° at a time. Again this is an easy way to make changes without having to edit the image on a computer.
Playback of your movies can be done either on the camera's LCD screen or on a TV or HDTV via the camera's HDMI and AV outputs. VCR/DVR-like controls allow you to stop, play and go frame by frame through the movies. When viewing on the LCD screen, the camera's built-in speaker will handle the audio for you.
Video divide allows simple editing features on the camera. This takes away the need for a computer for simple jobs like cutting the final seconds out or off of a video if it is not needed.
- Clock Set - Set the cameras internal clock
- World Time - Allows you to set your home time but still see the different times from around the world
- Travel date - Set the departure/return date for your vacation
- Beep - Beep Volume, E-Shutter Volume
- Volume - Control the volume of camera sounds (7 levels)
- Monitor - Adjust the brightness of the monitor
- LCD Mode - Off, Auto adjust, Manual adjust
- Economy - Toggle Power Save and Auto LCD Off settings
- Auto Review - Review: Off, 1 sec, 2 sec, 3 sec, Hold - Zoom: Off, 1 sec, 2 sec, 3 sec
- USB Mode - Select on Connection, PC, PictBridge (PTP)
- TV Aspect - 4:3 or 16:9
- HDMI mode - Auto, 1080i, 720p or 480p
- VIERA Link - Enable remote control via VIERA Link using the HDMI mini cable
- 3D Playback - 3D, 2D
- Favorite Func. - On or Off
- Menu Guide - Off, Auto
- Calibration - Calibrate the LCD Touch Screen
- Language - Choose from 4 different languages
- Version Display - Tells the current version of the firmware for the Body and Lens
- Number Reset - Yes or No
- Reset - Resets camera to original defaults
- Format - Format the memory card
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Lenmar DLPBLB13 Digital Camera Battery - 1250 mAh - Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) - 7.2 V DC
Panasonic Lumix H-HS35100 35 mm - 100 mm f/2.8 Telephoto Zoom Lens for Four Thirds - 58 mm Attachment - 0.20x Magnification - 2.9x Optical Zoom
Compatibility: Panasonic G-series Lumix Cameras: DMC-GF5KW DMC-G5KK DMC-GH3KBODY DMC-GH2KK DMC-GF5XR DMC-G5KBODY DMC-GX1KS DMC-GH2HK DMC-GX1XS DMC-GF3KBODY ...