Playback Screens & Menus
the Playback button brings up the last image captured in full screen
mode. This is also what you will see after shooting a picture if the
Preview option is enabled. By pressing the display button you can
change the amount and type of information that is displayed about the
current photograph. There is also a screen that displays 4 separate
histograms for Red Green Blue and Yellow. Above you can see the standard information that is offered when you enter playback mode.
Rotating the control dial to the left will bring up an index of the pictures on the camera. It starts with a view of 9 thumbnails. Rotating it again will give you 25, and a third time will bring up a calendar, allowing you to select your pictures by the date in which they were taken.
Rotating the thumb dial to the right will allow you to magnify or zoom in on an image. The camera will zoom to 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x. While you are zoomed in you can move around and inspect the photograph by using the 4-way directional buttons.
- Slide Show - Runs an in-camera slide show that can be hooked up to a TV for external viewing without a computer
- Playback mode - Normal, Picture, AVCHD, Motion JPEG, Face Recognition
- Favorite - On, Off, Cancel
- Title Edit - Add a text comment to your photos
- Text Stamp - Include a date/time, age, travel date or title stamp onto your photos
- Resize - Allows you to resize an image inside the camera
- Trimming - Allows you to crop an image inside the camera
- Aspect Conversion - 3:2, 4:3, 1:1 (this option can only be used on 16:9 aspect photos)
- Rotate - Allows you to rotate a picture inside the camera
- Rotate Display - On or Off
- Print Set - Choose the DPOF (Direct Print Order Format) settings for direct printing
- Protect - Single or Multi
- Audio Dub. - Add a short audio clip to your photos (max. 10 seconds)
- Face Recognition - Clears all Face Recognition information from an image.
You can then pause, stop, fast-forward, and rewind video using the 4-way controller as well as adjust the volume using the command dial.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.