Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Preview
Notable features include a 16-megapixel Live MOS image sensor, a 3.0-inch touchscreen LCD that tilts (180 degrees) and rotates (270 degrees), touch control shooting and AF, full HD video recording in 60i format (24p option also available), burst shooting at up to 4fps at full resolution (20fps at 4M), and a high-resolution (1.44 million dot) EVF (electronic viewfinder). The G3 offers various exposure options for a wide range of photogs, including their proven intelligent Auto (iA) exposure program.
We'll be updating this page with our full hands on review, so stay tuned as we patiently await for an eval unit to arrive.
Panasonic DMC-G3 Features:
- Stylish Aluminum body comes in four colors (Black, White, Red, and Brown)
- New 16-Megapixel Live MOS
imager with improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Choose from 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9 aspect ratios
- Micro Four-Thirds lens mount system
- Is capable of using the World's first interchangeable 3D lens
- Compatible with Four Thirds mount lenses using optional adapter (DMW-MA1)
- Venus Engine HD image processor
- Supersonic Wave Filter Dust Reduction System
- AVCHD video recording @ 1080p (1920x1080, 24p or 60i) or 720p (1280x720, 60p)
- Standard Motion JPEG video recording at VGA (640x480), QVGA (320x240), and WVGA (848x480) @ 30fps
- Compressed RAW and JPEG (Fine/Standard) formats, including RAW+JPEG (Fine or Standard)
- Full resolution burst mode shooting at 4fps
- High-speed burst mode shooting at up to 20fps @ 4-megapixels
- Touch AF option
- 3.0-inch Touchscreen LCD that rotates up to 270 degrees (460,000 pixels)
- Electronic Viewfinder or 'LVF' (Live View Finder) with 1.44 million dots, diopter adjustment, and 100% frame coverage
- Intelligent Auto
ISO or fixed settings from 100 to 6400 in 1/3 EV steps
- Built-in Pop-up flash unit + hot shoe for external units
- Noise Reduction for long exposures
- SD/SDHC/MMC memory card storage
- Selectable video output with NTSC or PAL format
- HD output via MiniHDMI
Type C I/O port (with optional cable)
- Built-in stereo microphones + a microphone input
jack for an external unit
- USB 2.0 (High-speed) data and control interface
- 7.2V 1010mAh Li-ion
battery pack (good for up to 270 photos)
- Body only - $599.95 US
- Body with the LUMIX G VARIO 14-42 mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S.lens - $699.95 US
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Lenmar DLPBLB13 Digital Camera Battery - 1250 mAh - Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) - 7.2 V DC
LUMIX G Micro System Digital Camera G6 - Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera Featuring High Picture Quality, High Speed Response and Easy Sharing The DMC-G6 integrates ...
Panasonic Lumix H-HS35100 35 mm - 100 mm f/2.8 Telephoto Zoom Lens for Four Thirds - 58 mm Attachment - 0.20x Magnification - 2.9x Optical Zoom
Compatibility: Panasonic G-series Lumix Cameras: DMC-GF5KW DMC-G5KK DMC-GH3KBODY DMC-GH2KK DMC-GF5XR DMC-G5KBODY DMC-GX1KS DMC-GH2HK DMC-GX1XS DMC-GF3KBODY ...