Click on the Lumix FZ10 to take a QuickTime VR tour
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 is the industry's first 4-megapixel consumer digital camera with a 12x optical zoom. The high precision Leica 12x zoom is equivalent to a 35 - 420mm zoom with F2.8 brightness throughout the entire zoom range. Panasonic's advanced MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) enhances the camera's telephoto zoom capabilities, helping to deliver sharp, vivid images even when taking handheld telephoto shots or shooting in low light. This feature uses motion sensors, which detects even slight hand movement and integrally links the lens control to the motion of the camera to reduce jitter.
Incredibly responsive, the DMC-FZ10 captures consecutive shots nearly as quickly as a motor-driven film camera. As soon as the camera's CCD captures the image signal, Panasonic's multi-tasking Venus Engine LSI simultaneously displays images on the LCD while writing data to the memory card, significantly reducing lag time between shots. To capture sudden events as they unfold, the MEGA BURST recording feature enables consecutive rapid-fire shooting, capturing 4 frames per second with undiminished quality from frame to frame.
The DMC-FZ10 features Program AE, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual exposure modes as well as Macro, Portrait, Sports, Panning and Night Portrait picture modes. Single or Continuous auto focus, Spot AF Switching, AF Lock and Manual focus control with a ring on the lens barrel. Other features include High Speed and Low Speed Continuous, AE Bracketing and Timelapse recording. The camera also captures QuickTime 320 x 240 motion video at 30 or 10 frames-per-second with audio, the length is limited only by available memory space.
The DMC-FZ10's histogram feature functions like a digital light meter, providing a graphic representation of the luminance level of the pixels composing an image. By using the histogram, users can exercise more precise exposure control for quality photos. The histogram can be displayed on the camera's large, 2-inch LCD screen while an image is being recorded and also after a shot has been taken.
Power is supplied by a proprietary lithium rechargeable battery pack that is charged outside of the camera. The charger also serves as an AC power adapter and allows you to charge one battery while using another. Images and movies are stored on removable Secure Digital (SD) memory cards which are available in capacities up to 512MB.
The Lumix DMC-FZ10 is available in silver or an all-black body
Major DMC-FZ10 Features:
- 4-megapixel effective CCD for images up to 2304 x 1728 pixels
- Leica DC-VARIO ELMARIT 12x zoom lens, equivalent to a 35-420mm on a 35mm camera
- Optical image stabilization to prevent camera shake and blurring
- Macro focus with autofocus down to 1.9 inches
- 2-inch TFT color monitor with 130,000 pixels
- Eye level color electronic viewfinder with dioptric adjustment
- Program AE, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual modes
- Macro, Portrait, Sports, Panning, Night Portrait picture modes
- High Speed and Low Speed Continuous, AE Bracketing and Timelapse modes
- 320 x 240 QuickTime movies, 30fps or 10fps w/audio
- Shutter speeds from 1/2000 to 8 seconds (Shutter priority and Manual modes)
- Built-in flash with auto, fill, slow synchro and red-eye reduction modes
- External flash hot shoe
- Intelligent Multiple and Spot exposure metering
- TTL Auto White Balance, 4 presets and custom set
- Secure Digital memory card slot, 16MB card included
- Plug-n-Play USB, Mass Storage compliant
- PictBridge and USB Direct-Print compatible
- Lithium rechargeable battery, charger and AC power supply included
The high-performance Lumix DMC-FZ10 has a suggested retail price of $599.00. The camera comes with a lens hood to help diminish flare and ghosting when photographing extremely bright scenes. Other accessories included are: rechargeable battery pack and charger; 16MB SD Memory Card; AC cable; DC cable; A/V cable; USB connection cable; lens cap; carrying strap and software on CD-ROM.