Click on the Lumix FX7 to take a QuickTime VR tour
The Panasonic DMC-FX7 5-megapixel Lumix digital camera packs a wealth of advanced technology and easy-to-use features in a sleek, compact package. It's the first compact digital camera to feature both an Optical Image Stabilizer, and 2.5" LCD. Incorporating a high-performance Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens, the DMC-FX7 combines the ease and convenience of digital utility with the expressiveness of film photography.
The DMC-FX7 features a Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens system comprising 7 elements in six groups, including three aspherical lenses. This small, lightweight lens achieves the fine rendering and vivid color reproduction for which Leica DC lenses are renowned. The Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens features F2.8 - 5.0 brightness and a focal length range of 5.8mm to 17.4mm (35 to 105mm lens on a 35mm film camera.)
Panasonic's MEGA Optical Image Stabilizer automatically detects and corrects for hand movement. This technology is especially appreciated when taking telephoto shots or when using slow shutter speeds to capture the atmosphere in dimly lit scenes. This optical technology provides precise compensation for movement with no image quality degradation.
Panasonic's improved Venus 2 Engine LSI handles image processing, LCD functions, and writing to the memory card simultaneously, giving the camera quick response, increased shutter speed and reduced lag time. The improved LSI also allows faster consecutive shooting than its predecessor. If desired, the camera will keep shooting until the memory card is full. This second-generation Venus Engine also improves horizontal, vertical and diagonal resolution.
Other features include 9 thumbnail image display, large 2.5" (diagonal) LCD, 30 or 10 fps QuickTime motion image recording with audio, SD Memory Card/MultiMedia Card slot, MEGA BURST recording for lightning-fast consecutive shots, auto bracketing, program AE, USB port, SD card viewer, SD Memory Card, included ArcSoft photo editing software package, and much more.
Major DMC-FX7 Features:
- 5-megapixel effective CCD for images up to 2560 x 1920 pixels
- Leica DC-VARIO ELMARIT 3x zoom, equivalent to 35-105mm on a 35mm camera
- Optical image stabilization to help prevent camera shake and blurring
- Ultra-compact (3.7 x 1.97 x 0.95 inch) and durable metal body
- Venus Engine II LSI for robust camera operations
- Mega Burst continuous capture @ 3 or 2fps up to 7 images (4 in Fine mode)
- Macro focus with autofocus down to 1.9 inches
- 2.5-inch TFT color monitor with 114,000 pixels
- Normal Picture, Simple, Macro and 9 SCeNe exposure modes
- 320 x 240 QuickTime movies, 30fps or 10fps w/audio
- Built-in flash with auto, fill, slow synchro and red-eye reduction modes
- TTL Auto White Balance, 4 presets and custom set
- Secure Digital memory card slot, 16MB card included
- Plug-n-Play USB, Mass Storage compliant
- PictBridge Direct-Print compatible
- Li-ion rechargeable battery and rapid charger included
The DMC-FX7 is available in black or silver and has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $499.95. The camera comes with a rechargeable battery pack and charger; 16MB SD Memory Card; A/V cable; USB connection cable; carrying strap and software on CD-ROM.