Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS25 Review
Panasonic has released yet another ultra-compact model for 2009, with the introduction of the new Lumix DMC-FS25. This 12-megapixel camera replaces the 10-megapixel DMC-FS20 from last year, offering several upgrades. The FS25 features a LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR 5x wide view (29mm equivalent) optical zoom lens, a 3.0-inch intelligent LCD and now holds the top-of-the-line spot in their "FS" series. This stylish camera combines ease of use with portability, enabling any user to pull the camera out of their pocket and start snapping pleasing photos.Panasonic has also enhanced the intelligent Auto (iA) on the DMC-FS25 from the previous FS models. It now includes AF tracking and intelligent Exposure functions in addition to the standard Mega O.I.S., Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Face Detection. AF Tracking enables the user to "lock" the focus onto a moving subject, while the camera automatically tracks the subject as it moves, keeping it in focus without the need to hold the shutter button halfway down. Additionally,iExposure helps capture natural-looking images by suppressing blocked shadows and blown highlights. It continually monitors the light source in the shooting environment and automatically activates the backlight compensation function if it detects the subject is backlit.
Other features of the DMC-FS25 include Panasonic's Venus Engine IV image processor, internal memory and SD/SDHC card slot, Li-ion power source and WVGA (848 x 480) motion pictures at 30 frames per second in 16:9 wide-screen format.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS25 Major Features:
- 12.1 Megapixels (effective), 1/2.33" CCD Image Sensor
- 5x optical zoom lens: f=5.2-26.0mm (29-145mm in 35mm equiv.)
- Panasonic's Legendary MEGA O.I.S. system
- 3.0-inch wide view LCD with 230k pixels of resolution and High Angle mode
- 28 Shooting Modes;
iAuto, Program, Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Scenery, etc.
- Face Detection can detect up to 15 faces in the frame
- Movie mode w/stereo sound, 16:9= WVGA (848x480), 4:3= VGA (640x480) or QVGA (320x240) @ 30fps
- Approx. 1.7 fps Continuous "Burst" capture
- Exposure compensation: ±2EV in 1/3-step increments
- Low-light focus assist illuminator
- Selectable ISO settings from 80 to 3200, (High Sensitivity Mode= 1600 - 6400)
- 3.6V 940 mAh Li-ion battery pack external AC charger included
- PictBridge Compatible
- USB 2.0 high speed connectivity for PC and Mac
- SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard (Still images only with MMC)
- Battery Charger
- Battery Pack
- Battery carrying case
- AV Cable
- USB Connection Cable
- AC Cable
- Hand Strap
It is available now with a MSRP of $249.95
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Lenmar DLPBCF10 Camera/Camcorder Battery - 840 mAh Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) - 3.6 V DC|
In Stock: Yes