Record Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
If you are looking for a little more contol over the camera, it is available in program mode. While this is still an automatic shooting mode, you will have control over some settings. Here you can also see the different display options available, which are easily changed by pressing the DISP button on the back.
Scene mode allows you to manually choose the scene mode that you want to shoot in. There are more modes available here than what the camera will choose from in iAuto mode. This is the best way to set the camera if you are shooting in a tough or specific situation or with a special subject.
Half-pressing the shutter release allows the camera to lock focus and exposure. Here you can see the green rectangle and green dot, showing that focus was achieved. At the bottom of the screen are the capture settings (ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed).
Auto Quick Menu:
Stabilization - On or Off
- Burst Shooting - Off, Burst
- AF Mode - 1 Area, Face Detection, AF Tracking, 11 Area
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Incandescent, White Set
- ISO - Intelligent ISO, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- Picture Size - 16M, 10M, 5M, 3M, 2M, 0.3M
- LCD Mode - Off, Auto Power LCD, Power LCD, High Angle
- Up - Exposure Compensation
- Right - Flash Options
- Down - Macro Mode
- Left - Self Timer
- Picture Size - 16M, 10m EZ, 5M EZ, 3M EZ, 0.3M EZ, 14M (3:2), 12M (16:9)
- Sensitivity - Intelligent, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Halogen, White Set
- Face Recognition - On or Off
- AF Mode - Face Detection, Tracking, 11-Area, 1 Area
- I.Exposure - On or Off
- I. Resolution - Off, On, i.Zoom
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Burst - Off, Burst, Unlimited
- Color Mode - Standard, Natural, Vivid, B/W, Sepia, Cool, Warm
- AF Assist Lamp - On or Off
- Red-Eye Removal - On, Off
- Stabilizer - Off, Auto, Mode 1, Mode 2
- Date Stamp - Off, With Time, Without Time
- Clock Set - Set the time and Date
The FH5 allows you to record 720p HD videos with mono sound, just by selecting movie mode. There are also options for 640x480 and 320x240 resolutions as well. With this camera, the optical zoom is not available while recording but can be set before hand.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
f/2.5 LEICA DC Lens The DMC-FH6 incorporates a 24-120mm LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMARIT lens with f/2.5 brightness.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH10 - Digital camera - compact - 16.1 Mpix - 5 x optical zoom - black