Olympus XZ-10 iHS Review
By Josh Fate
|The Stylus XZ-10 sports Olympus's top features and hardware, giving the user higher image quality and performance than ever before. Built to perform better than most compact digicams, Olympus succeeded in producing a compact digital camera with very high image quality. Read more in our Full Conclusion.|
It boasts a 12-megapixel backlit CMOS image sensor, just like the XZ-2, however this is a 1/2.3" sensor; not the larger 1/1.7" we see in the XZ-2, and XZ-1. The zoom lens is still very fast, offering a maximum aperture range of f/1.8 - 2.7 (Wide - Tele), and it also sports a longer focal range at 5x (versus 4x on past models). So, while they sacrificed a bit in the image sensor department, the XZ-10 has gained a slightly longer lens.
Some other new and cool features include 120fps high-speed HD video recording, a GUI that resembles and operates like that found on their PEN and OM-D cameras, Full 1080p HD video with a new Multi-Motion Movie IS feature, and a 3.0-inch touch screen LCD.
The XZ-10 iHS looks like a powerful compact camera, however we are sad to see that Olympus chose a smaller image sensor compared to its predecessors. We hope that this doesn't negatively effect image quality. Continue reading our hands on to review to find out how well the XZ-10 performed during our tests.
- 12-megapixel, 1/2.3" backlit CMOS image sensor
- TruePic VI image processor
- Olymopus' Advanced iHS technology
- 5x optical zoom lens
- Fast f/1.8 - 2.7 maximum aperture range
- Manual control ring mounted around the lens
- High sensitivity settings, up to ISO 6400
- 3.0-inch, touch screen LCD with 920k pixels
- GUI borrowed from their PEN and OM-D lines
- Full 1080p HD video
- New Multi-Motion Moive IS
- High-speed HD video recording at up to 120fps
- HDMI output
- Li-ion battery pack
- SD card slot accepts various cards (SD/SDHC/SDXC), and supports both Eye-Fi and Toshiba FLashAir card wireless technologies
What's in the box?:
- XZ-10 camera body
- USB/Video Multi cable
- Touch Pen
- Hand strap
- CD-ROM(ib and OLYMPUS Viewer2)
- Instruction manual
- Warranty card
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Lenmar Dlo50b Olympus Li-50b, Pentax D-li92 Battery|
In Stock: Yes
|No seller reviews|