Review posted 07/16/2012
- Dedicated Video Capture Button is always ready to record
- "Tough" features: Waterproof, Dustproof, Shockproof and Freezeproof
- Dual IS keeps the images clear, even at full telephoto
- Bright 2.7-inch LCD
- Very Affordable "Lifeproof" model
- Noticeable amounts of noise in all images
- Slow overall camera performance
- Screen can be hard to see underwater
- Poor battery life
|The Olympus Tough TG-320 is a "Lifeproof" camera for anyone on a budget.
Its tough build makes it great for travel, adventure or just around the
house or pool. While an appealing camera, it does lack in the
performance and image quality arenas. Read more in our Full Conclusion. |
If you're the adventurous type, or a little tough on your digital cameras, but still a price-conscious bargain hunter; then Olympus' TOUGH TG-320 may be worth considering for your next digicam. Shockproof up to 5 foot tumbles, Freezeproof down to 14 degrees F, Waterpoof down to 10 feet, and Dustproof, the TG-320 can stand up to whatever life throws your way. With a 14-megapixel CCD image sensor the TG-320 is capable of shooting clear photos and 720p HD video in a variety of dusty and water-logged environments. The 3.6x optical zoom (28-102mm in 35mm equivalence) works underwater as does the built-in 3D mode.
3D photos can be captured in a variety of settings, from macro to landscape, and even viewed on a 3DTV thanks to the built in HDMI port that include HDMI Control (aka, the ability to control the camera via your TV; optional cable required). If you don't care for 3D or have a 3D set, no worries, your 2D stills and video will look great on your 2D tv as well. For those who like to get creative, Olympus includes a series of Magic Art filters to spice up just about any picture.
Olympus TOUGH TG-320 Features:
- 14 megapixels
- 3.6x optical zoom (28-102mm)
- Shockproof up to 5 feet
- Freezeproof down to 14 degrees F
- Waterproof down to 10 feet
- 720p HD video recording
- 3D photos in any mode (macro to landscape, even underwater)
- Magic Art Filters
- HDMI output (with HDMI Control). Cable not included.
- SD card slot
- Li-ion battery (good for up to 300 shots according to Olympus)
The Olympus TG-320 comes in red or blue for around $179.99 USD. See our buy box for the most current online pricing at various retailers.
What's in the box?:
- TG-320 Digital Camera
- USB Cable & Charger (F-2AC)
- Instruction Manual & Software CD
- Audio/Video Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Lithium-Ion Battery
Additional Product Views: