iAuto, Olympus's intelligent auto shooting mode will detect the subject, lighting and your shooting situation and use this information to choose the best of 30 scene modes. This means you will always get the best image possible. With the camera's dedicated video recording button, it is always ready to record, no matter what shooting mode you are in. Pressing the INFO button on the back allows you to change the amount of information displayed on the LCD screen.
Program mode gives you a great deal more control over the camera settings than iAuto does, but it is still an automatic shooting mode in the end. Here settings like ISO, WB and metering are up to you.
Scene Modes: Portrait, Beauty, Landscape, Night Scene, Night+Portrait, Indoor, Candle, Self Portrait, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Documents, Beach & Snow, Underwater Snapshot, Underwater Wide 1-2, Underwater Macro, Pet Mode - Cat, Pet Mode - Dog, Snow, Panorama, 3D Photo, Backlight HDR
Magic Modes: Pop Art, Pin Hole, Fish Eye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor, Reflection, Miniature, Fragmented, Dramatic.
Pressing the OK button gives you access to the quick menu. These options are the most used settings for the current shooting modes. It also allows you to change the current shooting mode.
Program Shooting Menu:
- Reset - Restore the camera to the factory defaults
- Compression - Fine, Normal
- Shadow Adjust - Auto, Off, On
- AF Mode - Face/iESP, Spot, AF Tracking
- Metering - ESP, Spot
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Image Stabilizer - On or Off
- Accessory Settings - Remote Flash and Conversion Lens
- AF Illuminat. - On or Off
- REC View - On or Off
- Pic Orientation - On or Off
- Icon Guide - On or Off
- Date Stamp - On or Off
- Super-Res Zoom - On or Off
- Image Size - 1080p, 720p, VGA
- IS Movie Mode - On or Off
- Audio Recording - On or Off
- Wind Noise Reduction - On or Off
- Recording Volume - Normal, Low