Pressing the play button on the back of the camera takes it to playback mode, allowing you to see all of the images that are saved on the camera's memory. The INFO button allows you to change the amount of information that is shown about the image, ranging from none to a full list of details including a histogram.
Pushing the zoom lever to the wide end takes the camera into index mode, showing you thumbnails of the images stored on the memory. This makes it much faster to sort through and find a single image, especially if you have a large number of images saved.
Pushing the zoom control the other way allows you to zoom in on an image. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4-way controller to scroll around the image. This is a great way to check focus and details when you do not have a computer handy.
Playback menu functions:
- Slideshow - Controls the settings and playback of a slideshow on the camera
- Edit - Shown Below
- Erase - Select and Delete images
- Print Order - Select images and how many of each to print
- Protect - Protect and image from being deleted
- Upload Order - Select images to upload to the internet once the camera is connected to a PC
- Flash Air - Allows the use and controls a Flash Air Memory card
The edit menu gives you a little editing suite right on the camera. This lets you adjust your images without having to have a computer all the time. Edit Features: Resize, Crop, Audio Record, Beauty Fix, Shadow Adjust, Red-Eye Fix and Rotate.
Cropping or trimming an image allows you to adjust the composition of the image by deleting the outside edges of the image. When you crop an image on the camera, it will save the image as new file and keep the original unchanged as well.
Resize lets you make smaller copies of images that are saved on the camera's memory. These images are easier for uploading to social media sites and for email as well. As with the other features, this is a fast and easy way to edit your images without using a computer.
Playing back your movies is possible on the camera's LCD screen with the help of a small built-in speaker. The controls are very limited and there are no editing features for movies. Thanks to the HMDI output on the camera, these movies can also be viewed on any HDTV.
- Format - Yes, No
- Backup - Yes, No
- Eye-Fi - All, Sel. Image, Off
- USB Connection - Auto, Storage, MTP, Print
- Playback Power On - Yes, No
- Keep Camera Settings - Yes, No
- Sound Settings - Sound Type (1, 2, 3), Volume (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), Playback Volume (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- File Name - Reset, Auto
- Pixel Mapping - Check the image processing
- LCD Brightness - 5 adjustable levels
- TV Out - NTSC/PAL (NTSC, PAL), HMDI Out (1080i, 720p, 480p/576p), HDMI Control (On or Off)
- Power Save - On, Off
- Language - Choose the camera's menu language
- Date and Time - M/D/Y, D/M/Y, Y/M/D
- World Time - Home, Alternate
- Beauty Settings - Set 1, Set 2, Set 3