The Stylus Tough 8010's screen information now includes both the still image recording as well as the video recording information at all times, unless all information is turned off. This way you will always know exactly what your settings and recording capacities are.
Pressing the "?" button on the bottom right of the camera will access the camera's guide that is stored on the internal memory. This allows you to learn about the camera at your own pace. You can also press the "?" button while you have a setting selected in the camera's menu to find out about that setting.
Both the menu and quick menu can be accessed by the same button. This allows you to access all of the camera's settings just by pressing one button, while before you needed to know what settings were in each menu.
The camera's shooting mode selection has also been moved to the quick menu. This takes away another control from the outside of the camera where it could be bumped or accidentally changed. The camera modes are: Program, iAuto, SCeNe, Magic, Panorama Assist and Beauty.
Scene Modes: Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Night+Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Candle, Self Portrait, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Documents, Beach & Snow, Underwater Snapshot, Underwater Wide 1-2, Underwater Macro, Pet and Snow.
- Image Size - 14M, 8M, 5M, 3M, 2M, 1M, VGA (640x480), 16:9 L, 16:9 S
- Compression - Fine, Normal
- Shadow Adjust - Auto, Off, On
- AF Mode - Face/iESP, Spot, AF Tracking
- Metering - ESP, Spot
- Fine Zoom - On, Off
- Digital Zoom - On, Off
- Voice Recording - On, Off
- Image Stabilizer - On, Off
- REC View - On, Off
- Picture Orientation - On, Off
- Icon Guide - On, Off
- Remote Flash - Off, RC, Slave
Video REC Menu:
- Image Size - 720p, VGA, QVGA
- Image Quality - Fine, Normal
- IS Movie Mode - On, Off
- Audio Recording - On, Off