Stylus Tough 8000
Stylus Tough 8000
Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Press the wide angle zoom button to enter the Index playback mode. Depending on the menu setting, the index is 4, 9, 16 or 25 images per page - or the calendar display. This shows you captured images and when they were taken.
The playback image can be magnified in several steps from 1.0x to 10.0x in 10 increments, you can then scroll around the image using the 4-way selector. Press the telephoto zoom button to enlarge and the wide angle button to shrink.
Pressing the menu button in play mode brings up this shortcut menu. Here you can start a Slide show of your saved images, Edit your pictures, choose the DPOF (Direct Print Order Format) settings, use Perfect Fix, enter the Playback or Setup menus, use Beauty Fix, delete an image, and enter the Silent mode.
Playback Menu Options:
- Protect: Protects an image from being deleted
- Rotate: Rotates an image 90° at a time
- Audio Memo: Record an audio memo to accompany an image
Edit Sub-Menu Options:
- Resize: Chance the size of an image
- Crop: Crops part of an image and saves it as a new file
- Color Edit: Change to Black & White, Sepia or Enhanced Saturation
- Calendar: Adds a picture to a calendar and saves it as a new file
The "Perfect Fix" option gives the choice to run the shadow adjust feature, the redeye fix or both on any of your previously recorded images.
Beauty fix offers several options to help make your Portrait shots really stand out. Clear Skin improves the appearance of the subjects skin. Sparkle Eye illuminates and enhances the eyes and Dramatic Eye enlarges the eyes.
Movie clips can be played back on the camera's LCD or a television set via the supplied Audio/Video cable. When viewed in camera, sound is heard through the built-in speakers. Using the 4-way controller, you can fast-forward and rewind the video as well as adjust the volume.
Camera Setup Menu Options:
- Format - Formats all files off of the memory card
- Backup - Copies the images from the internal memory to the xD picture card
- Language - Sets the menu language
- PW on Setup - Lets you choose the start-up image
- Menu Color - Gives you 4 options for the camera's menu color
- Sound Settings - Controls the different sounds made by the camera
- Rec View - On or Off
- File Name - Reset, Auto
- Pixel Mapping - Map out bad pixels
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the LCD Brightness
- Clock - Set the time and date
- Dual Time - On or Off
- Video Out - NTSC, PAL
- Power Save - On or Off
- LED Illuminator - On or Off
- Manometer - On, Off and Calibrate
- m/ft - Change the unit of measure
- Tap Control - On or Off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.