Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Pressing the zoom lever to the wide end in playback mode enters the camera into its index mode. Here you can view thumbnails of your images or choose a set of images based on the date in which they were taken.
The telephoto end of the zoom lever in playback mode allows you to zoom in on an image. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4-way controller to navigate your way around the image.
- SlideShow - Plays back a slideshow of the images on the camera either on the LCD screen or an HDTV with an optional HDMI cable.
- Photo Surfing - Here you have a list of filters to sort your images on the left side and a small thumbnail on the bottom for a new way of quick searching
- Event - Allows you to play back your images based of the date it was taken
- Beauty Fix - Contains several settings for improving Portrait shots
- Edit - Settings to edit and retouch your still images
- Erase - Delete images stored on the camera
- Print Order - Print one or all images directly from the camera
- Protect - Protect images from deletion
- Rotate - Change the orientation of an image 90° at a time
- Voice Recording - Allows you to add a voice message to any of the still images
- Resize - Make a smaller copy of an image that is already saved on the camera
- Crop - Allows you to "crop" or "trim" your image
- Color Edit - Change the color tone of the image
- Calendar - Create a calendar with an image
- Shadow Adj. - Brightens the dark areas in your image
- Red-Eye Fix - Removes Red-Eye from your subjects
- All - Applies all of the beauty fix options to your image
- Clear Skin - Softens and helps remove imperfections from your subjects skin
- Sparkle Eye - Enhances the contrast in the eye
- Dramatic Eye - Enlarges the subject's eyes
Cropping your images allows you to change the composition of the image or to remove any unwanted objects from the edges of you image.
Resize allows you to make smaller copies of an image that you have already captured. This is a great way to resize your images for email or posting to the web before you even get to your home computer.
The SP-600UZ gives you the option to watch your movies on the camera's LCD screen or on a TV or HDTV using the proper cables. The 4-way controller gives you the ability to play, pause and search through a movie. Turning the dial allows you to control the volume of the camera's internal speaker.
- Internal/SD - Auto, Internal
- Memory Format - Delete all images from the internal memory
- Data Repair - Repairs the MetaData of images
- Copy - Copy images from the internal memory to the SD card
- Language - Choose the camera's menu language
- Reset - Returns the shooting settings to the factory defaults
- USB Connection - Auto, Storage, PC, Print
- Play Power On - Allows the playback button to turn the camera on
- Save Settings - Allows the camera to start up in the same shooting mode that was used last
- PW on Setup - Select the startup image and sound
- Sound Settings - Set the camera's operation sounds
- File Name - Reset, Auto
- Pixel Mapping - Adjusts the CCD and image processor (Run once a year)
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD (5 settings)
- Date & Time - The date and time are automatically set the first time you connect the camera to your computer
- World Time - Change the camera's date and time to a travel destination without messing the your home time
- TV Out - Adjust the Video output, HDMI Output and HDMI control
- Power Save - Set the time for the camera to enter sleep mode to save the battery
- Rec View - On or Off
- Pic Orientation - On or Off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.