Playback Screens & Menus
When you rotate the mode dial to the Playback position or press the Play button, the last image captured is displayed
full screen, with minimal information. You can see icons for
image quality (Fine), image size (12M), time&date of capture, and the image and folder numbers.
Pressing the DISPlay button controls the amount of information displayed on the screen. You can show simple, detailed, detailed+histogram, and now information at all.
Press the wide angle zoom button to enter the Index playback mode. Depending on the menu
setting, the index is 4, 9, 16 or 25 images per page - or the calendar display. This shows your
captured images and when they were taken.
The playback image can be magnified in several steps from 1.0x to 10.0x in 1.0x increments, you can
then scroll around the image using the 4-way selector. Press the telephoto zoom button to enlarge
and the wide angle button to shrink.
Pressing the menu button in play mode brings up this shortcut menu. Here you can start a slide show of
your saved images, edit your pictures, choose the DPOF (Direct Print Order Format) settings, use Perfect or Beauty
Fix, enter the Playback Menu, etc.
- Protect - protects the selected images from deletion
- Rotate - Rotate an image 90° for proper orientation
- Voice Memo - Add a sound clip to a saved image
- INDEX PLAY - Breaks your movies up into frames
- Resize - Makes image smaller and save as a new picture
- Crop - Crop an image and save as a new file
- Color Edit - Adjust the colors of an image
- Calendar - Make an image of a calendar month containing the selected image
- Face Focus - Change the largest face in the frame and save it as a new picture
Beauty fix allows you to soften or "Clear" the skin, add a sparkle to or enlarge your subject's eyes, or All of the above.
Here you can see the Perfect Fix menu. It will allow you to correct the lighting or remove red-eye from
your images and save them as a new file.
The Resize option lets you save an image to a lower resolution.
Movie clips can be played back on the camera's LCD or a television set via the supplied
Audio/Video cable. When viewed in camera, sound is heard through the built-in speakers. Using
the 4-way controller, you can fast-forward and rewind the video as well as adjust the volume. The SP-590 also offer HDMI output via the port located on the left side of the camera.