Pressing the play button on the back of the camera takes you to playback mode. Here you can see all of the images and videos that you have captured on the SD card. Pressing the INFO button changes the amount of information that is shown on the LCD screen. A screen with the full list of camera settings is available, including light and RGB histograms.
The "checkerboard" button enters the camera into index mode. Here you can scroll through thumbnails of your images to find a single image faster. You can also search your images based on the date they were taken.
Next to the index button is the zoom button or magnifying glass. This allows you to zoom in on an image up to 14x. You can then scroll around the image using the 4-way controller. A small zoom key is shown at the bottom right, informing you of what portion of the capture images is being magnified.
Pressing the OK button brings up your playback edit menu. Here you have options to edit, protect, record audio, rotate, play as a slideshow, print, send through Penpal or erase an image. You can even edit and convert RAW images in-camera (not shown).
All of the JPEG images that you capture can be edited on camera: Shadow Adjust, Redeye Fix, Crop, Aspect, Black & White, Sepia, Saturation, Resize, and e-Portrait.
- Slide show - Begin automated slide show playback changing every 2-10 seconds with all files, stills only, or movie
- Rotate - Change the orientation of the image
- Edit - Enters the Edit menu, shown above
- Print Order - Store print reservation information (# of prints, date/time) to send images to a DPOF-compatible photo lab or DPOF-compatible printer
- Reset Protect - Protect images from accidental erasure
- Connection to Smartphone - Allows you to view images on a smartphone or tablet
The rotate feature allows you to change the orientation of an image by 90° at a time.
The camera gives you the option to play back your movies on the LCD screen. The 4-way controller gives you frame-by-frame control over the movie. A built-in speaker allows you to hear the audio accompanying the video.