Record Screens & Menus
Here we show the iAuto (intelligent) exposure
mode. It looks much like a consumer digicam with minimal information
across the screen. You are able control the amount of information on the
screen by pressing the INFO button. Icons above indicate we are using
ISO Auto with the max set at 1600, Large Fine image quality, shutter speed
and aperture (F5.0), and there's enough room
on our SDHC card for 577 frames at the current configuration.
Next we show the E-PL2 in Program mode. While this mode
is also automatic, you now have access to various exposure settings,
like ISO (6400), white balance, etc. They also offer more
advanced exposure options for experienced users, such as
Aperture/Shutter priority and full Manual modes (not shown).
Half pressing the shutter release will bring up the AF box. When the AF locks, it will show the green square(above). If the AF point does not show this means the camera is not in focus.
The above animation shows the different screen/info options available by pressing the INFO button. These options include Information Display Off, Normal info display, and Histogram Display.
can see one of the options available when using the E-PL2's Live
Guide II Display. This shows the change color saturation option by moving up for
down the scale to produce either a more vivid photo, or a more natural
(clear) looking one.
Above are all of the available options in this menu.
Pressing the OK button will bring you to the screen animation above. This is the shortcut function menu. This gives you quick and easy access to
several exposure options, depending on the exposure mode being used.
Turning the Mode Dial to the ART position will show a
menu of the available Art filter/modes (Pop Art, Soft Focus, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Dramatic Tone). These
filter options allow you to explore your creativity, with various
presets for exposure, color, sharpness and white balance settings.
There are also 22 Scene modes available: Portrait, e-Portrait,
Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Night Scene, Night +
Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle,
Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Effect, Wide-angle, and Macro converter. First you see a
large sample image which can be shrunk down to make room for the text
explanation of the mode, by pressing right on the 4-way pad.
Camera 1 menu options:
- Card Setup - All Erase or Format
- Custom Reset - When powered up the camera will be reset to a selected custom setting
- Picture Mode - iEnhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, and all Art modes
- Resolution - Still: RAW, L Fine, L normal, M Normal, S Normal,
- Movie: HD (1280x720) or SD (640x480)
- Image Aspect - 4:3 (default), 6:6, 16:9, or 3:2
Camera 2 menu options:
- Drive Mode - Single, Burst, Self-timer 12 or 2 seconds
- Image Stabilizer Mode - IS 1, IS 2, IS 3
- Bracketing - AE, WB, FL, ISO
- Multiple Exposure - Frame (Off or 2F), Auto Gain (Off or On), Overlay (Off or On)
- Flash Exposure Compensation - Adjust intensity up to ±3 EV in 0.3, 0.5, or 1 EV steps
- Flash RC Mode - On or Off
Custom menu options:
- (A) AF/MF - AF Mode, AF Area, [...] Set Home, Reset Lens, Bulb Focusing, Focus ring, MF Assist
- (B) Button - AEL/AFL, AEL/AFL Memo, Fn Button function, Button Timer, Dial function, Dial Direction, Lock
- (C) Release - RLS Priority S, RLS Priority C
- (D) DISP/Sound/PC - HDMI, Video Out, INFO settings, Control Settings, ART LV mode, Live View Boost, Play close-up mode, Mode Guide, Histogram Settings, Face Priority, Backlit LCD, Sleep, Beep Sound, Volume, USB Mode
- (E) EXP/Metering/ISO - EV Step, Metering mode, AEL Metering, ISO mode, ISO Step, ISO-Auto Set, ISO-Auto, Bulb Timer, Anti-Shock
- (F) Flash Custom - X-Sync., Slow Limit, Flash/EV Compensation
- (G) Resolution/Color/WB - Noise Reduction, Noise Filter, WB mode, All WB, Color Space, Shading Comp., Set Resolution and Compression, Pixel Count
- (H) Record/Erase - Quick Erase, RAW+JPEG Erase, File Name, Edit File Name, Priority Setting, dpi settings, Copyright Settings
- (I) Movie - Movie Mode, Movie+Still, Movie Sound
- (J) Camera Utility - Pixel Mapping, Exposure Shift, Battery Warning Level
Here you can see the AP2 (Accessory Port 2) menu, which allows you to alter settings when using specific PEN accessories. In the animation above, you can see the process of connecting the E-PL2 to a Droid smart phone using the PENPAL (PP-1) unit from Olympus.
The E-PL2 continues to offer video recording at either HD
(1280x720) or SD (640x480) resolutions. The frame rates are fixed at
videos are saved in Motion JPEG (.AVI) format. Olympus added their Art filter modes to the full
manual exposure control also, which means you can now choose an art filter before recording. The
time is limited to a max. clip size of 2GB.
Setup menu options:
- Time and Date - Set the camera's clock
- Language - Choose the Menu language
- Monitor Brightness - Adjust LCD brightness and color temperature
- Rec View - View on LCD after capture: Auto, Off, 1 - 20 seconds
- Custom Menu Display - Show or hide the Custom settings menu
- Firmware - Display firmware revision number
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.