Playback Screens & Menus
Pressing the Play button displays the last recorded frame. You can navigate through stored images by using the Arrow Pad/4-way controller or rotating the Control Dial allows you to use the Index or Magnify options (shown below).
The INFO button controls the amount of detailed information that is displayed for an image. Above you can see an animation of the available options. Press this button repeatedly until the desired information is superimposed on top of the photo.
Info 1, which displays the image size (4032x3024), aspect/image quality mode (4:3, Large/Fine JPEG), file number (100-070), image number (67), and the time and date of capture; note the time and date will only show up if you have set the internal clock, which we had not during the above screen capture.
Info 2 moves the image to a thumbnail in the upper left and displays all the shooting information (Shutter speed, Aperture, Focal length, ISO, etc.) on the right of the screen and 4 tiny histograms on the lower left.Info 3 clears all information off the screen, displaying only the image itself; perfect for when sharing pictures with friends and family.
The Index/Calendar Display mode lets you show several images on the LCD
monitor at the same time. During single-frame playback, press the Index button to enter the thumbnail mode. This allows you to quickly search through stored images. Pressing this button again brings up the Calendar
mode. With the Calendar display on the screen, you can choose images by
the date they were shot.
Magnify, also know as the Zoom playback function, allows you to
closely inspect images by zooming in up to 14x in several steps. You
activate this option by pressing the Magnify button on the back of the E-PL1.
Once an image is enlarged, you can move around inside of it by using
the Arrow Pad/4-way controller.
Playback menu options:
- Slide show - Begin automated slide show playback changing every 5 seconds with 1 up, 4 up, 9up, 16 up or 25 up at a time
- Edit - Enters the Edit menu, shown below
- DPOF - Store print reservation information (# of prints, date/time) to send images to a DPOF-compatible photo lab or DPOF-compatible printer
- Reset Protect - Protect images from accidental erasure
- Shadow Adjustment - Helps brighten dark backlight objects
- Redeye Fix - Remove occurrences of Redeye in you portrait images
- Crop - Crop a section of an image and save as a new file
- Aspect - Convert the image aspect ratio (3:2, 16:9, 6:6)
- Black&White - Convert an image to black&white
- Sepia - Convert an image to sepia tone
- Saturation - Adjust the color depth of an image
- Resize - Save an image to a smaller size (1280x960, 640x480, 320x240)
e-Portrait - Saves an image as a new MSF image with adjustments to enhance skin tones
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.