Playback Screens & Menus
Pressing the Play button displays the last recorded frame. You can navigate through stored images by using the Arrow Pad/4-way controller or rotating the Control Dial allows you to use the Index or Magnify options (shown below).
The INFO button controls the amount of detailed information that is displayed for an image. Above you can see an animation of the available options. Press this button repeatedly until the desired information is superimposed on top of the photo.
Info 1, which displays the image size (4032x3024), aspect/image quality mode (4:3, Large/SuperFine JPEG), file number (100-0293), image number (283), and the time and date of capture.
Info 2 moves the image to a thumbnail in the upper left and displays all the shooting information (Shutter speed, Aperture, Focal length, ISO, etc.) on the right of the screen and 4 tiny histograms on the lower left.
Info 3 is the enlarged histogram display showing the distribution of the brightness of the image. The histogram graphically shows the contrast and dynamic range of the image on a scale of 0 - 255 (left to right) with 0 being black and 255 is white.
Info 4 is the Shadow/Highlight display superimposed over the image highlighting the overexposed/Underexposed parts. Highlight will blink Red, while Shadows will blink Blue.
Info 5 clears all information off the screen, displaying only the image itself; perfect for when sharing pictures with friends and family.
The Index/Calendar Display mode lets you show several images on the LCD monitor at the same time. During single-frame playback,
turn the Control Dial clockwise and the number of images shown changes from 4 to 9 to 16 to 25 to 49 to 100 and finally to the Calendar display
mode. With the Calendar display on the screen, you can choose images by the date they were shot.
Magnify, also know as the Zoom playback function, allows you to closely inspect images by zooming in up to 14x in several steps. You activate this option by rotating the Control Dial counter clockwise. Once an image is enlarged, you can move around inside of it by using the Arrow Pad/4-way controller.
Playback menu options:
- Slide show - Begin automated slide show playback changing every 5 seconds with 1 up, 4 up, 9up, 16 up or 25 up at a time
- Auto Rotate - Enable image rotation controlled by the +/- Direct Button, images are recorded to memory card in final position
- Edit - Enters the Edit menu, shown below
- DPOF - Store print reservation information (# of prints, date/time) to send images to a DPOF-compatible photo lab or DPOF-compatible printer
- Reset Protect - Protect images from accidental erasure
Movie files are played back full screen. Once playback starts, you can pause, fast-forward, rewind, and play frame-by-frame. To adjust the volume you rotate the control dial that is mounted around the 4-way controller.
JPEG Edit menu options:
- Shadow Adjustment - Helps brighten dark backlight objects
- Redeye Fix - Remove occurrences of Redeye in you portrait images
- Crop - Crop a section of an image and save as a new file
- Aspect - Convert the image aspect ratio (3:2, 16:9, 6:6)
- Black&White - Convert an image to black&white
- Sepia - Convert an image to sepia tone
- Saturation - Adjust the color depth of an image
- Resize - Save an image to a smaller size (1280x960, 640x480, 320x240)
e-Portrait - Saves an image as a new MSF image with adjustments to enhance skin tones
You can also edit RAW files in-camera. It will automatically perform image processing (white balance, sharpness adjustment, etc.), and then saves the new file in Large/SuperFine JPEG format.
Please help support our site and visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Lithium Ion Battery Charger
Lenmar DLOS1 Lithium Ion Digital Camera Battery - Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) - 7.2V DC
This 500mm F6.3 Mirror Lens (White Body) comes with ED Glass for Enhanced Dispersion
This 800mm F8.0 Mirror Lens (Black Body)