Here you can see a screen taken while using Live View mode. It looks much like a consumer digicam with icons that indicate we are using Program AE mode, shutter speed (3) and aperture (F2.8), Imager AF mode (I-AF), IS1 (Image Stabilizer mode 1), Digital ESP metering, ISO 100, Large Fine quality, images are being saved to the CF card, and there's enough room on that card for 177 frames at the current configuration.
When AF locks, it will briefly show the intended area of focus (not shown), and a Green AF ready dot will appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
You can also display a live histogram
When you turn the Mode Dial to the SCENE position you will be shown a menu of the available scene presets. First you see
a large sample image which then shrinks down to make room for the text explanation of the mode. There are 18 Scene modes available:
Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Children, Sport, High Key, Low Key, Digital Image Stabilization, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Fireworks, Documents, Panorama (only available when using an Olympus xD-Picture Card), Beach & Snow.
Camera 1 menu options:
- Card Setup - All Erase or Format
- Custom Reset - When powered up the camera will be reset to
one of two custom settings
- Picture Mode - Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone
- Gradation - Auto, High Key, Normal, Low Key
- Resolution - RAW, L Fine, L Normal, M Normal, S Normal, RAW+LF/LN/MN/MS
- White Balance - Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent 1/2/3, WB Flash,
One-Touch or Custom (2000-14000°K)
- ISO - Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800 or 1600
- Noise Reduction - Auto, On or Off
- Noise Filter -Off, Low, Standard or High
Camera 2 menu options:
- Metering - Digital ESP, Center-weighted average, Spot, Hi Spot (highlight control), SH Spot (shadow control)
- Flash RC Mode - On or Off
- Exposure Intensity Control ±3EV with 1/3 EV steps
- Auto Focus Mode - Single AF, Continuous AF, Manual Focus, Single AF + MF, Continuous AF + MF
- Auto Focus Area - Auto Multi (all 3), Left, Center or Right
- Anti-Shock - Off, 1 sec to 30 sec
- Auto Exposure Bracketing - Off, 3 frames 0.3EV, 0.7EV, 1.0EV
- White Balance Bracketing - Off, A-B/G-M 3 frames 2, 4, or 6 steps
- Flash Bracketing - Off, 3 frames 0.3EV, 0.7EV, 1.0EV
Custom 1 menu options:
- (A) AF/MF - Choose settings for AF Illuminator, Focus ring, Live View AF mode, etc.
- (B) Button/Dial - Choose button and dial functions
- (C) Release/Drive - Choose release priority for S-AF and C-AF modes
- (D) DISP/Sounds/PC - Choose Display, Sound, and Input/output settings
- (E) EXP/Metering/ISO - Choose settings for ISO-Auto Set, AEL metering, Bulb timer, etc.
- (F) Flash Custom - Adjust Flash output and Auto pop-up function
- (G) Resolution/Color/WB - Choose settings for Color space, perform a Pixel count, etc.
- (H) Record/Erase - Toggle RAW+JPEG Erase, File name, dpi settings
- (I) Camera Utility - Manually initiate ultrasonic sensor cleaner
Custom 2 menu options:
- Time and Date - Set the camera's clock
- CF/xD - Select memory card
- Edit Filename - Edit the file naming structure
- Monitor Brightness - Adjust LCD brightness and color temperature
- Language - Choose the Menu language
- Video Out - NTSC or PAL format
- Rec View - View on LCD after capture: Auto, Off, 1 - 20 seconds
- Pixel Mapping - Map out bad CCD imager pixels
- Firmware - Display firmware revision number